Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proven OPC Server when using PCO OPC agent

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello MII community,

our customer would like to know which OPC server is proven in production run when using SAP PCO OPC agent. I would like to hear your recommendation.

the customer feels that OPC servers differently react, so they would like to know proven ones in production run for SAP PCO OPC DA, HDA agent. the customer is automotive components supplier and they would like to use for their data acquisition in fore-end process of steel machining / heat treatment, etc., so frequency of data acquisition is rather often, they think.(not yet decided yet, though)

thank you for your attention.

Sincerely, Shiroh Kinoshita - SAP Japan Manufacturing team

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any reason they are not interested in using one of the historians of which several have been integrated with PCo?

OSIsoft's PI Historian

Citect

Matrikon

IP21 (Aspentech)

Kepware

Proficy (GE)

Not sure if these are all available in PCo 2.1, but know that OSIsoft, Matrikon, and Kepware are for sure. The list above is what will be available in PCo 2.2 which is not yet released (I don't think).

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

they are not interested in these histrians, due to non-availability in Japan, and cost issue in Japan - Matrikon, Kepware, Proficy are not available here, and Citect / IP21 are very limited in the market, and OSI-PI is costly compared with OPC.

Thus, they prefer to use OPC because of cost. do you have any proven OPC server when using PCO OPC Agent.

thank you, Shiroh Kinoshita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kinoshita san,

Most of the products that Mike listed are infact OPC servers that make use of the OPC DA/ HDA agents in PCO 2.1. But like you said because of the availability constraint the customer is struggling.

I guess the best way forward would be to aquire an evaluation copy of the available OPC product and prove it out with PCO.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Udayan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kinoshita san,

If you search this forum back a couple of years, you will see some of the other products folks have used and probably be able to contact the owners. Unfortunately when people are posting here, it usually means they are having problems of some sort. But worth a shot.

Good luck,

Mike

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Udayan,

thank you for your advice. that may be the only way to do that. I understand.

Thanks,

Shiroh Kinoshita

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

thank you. that is also the good way to see the performance of the server.

Thank you,

Shiroh Kinoshita