cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank stat. (automatic selection of open items posted with sp. GL ind.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is related to Bank statement processing, posting rules.

I wish to post an Incoming payment (a Down payment), which should clear a Down payment request.

It's not a problem to create a rule, that will make a posting with special GL indicator A (meaning - it's a down payment).

And clear Ct subledger account at the same time.

The problem is when system goes to transaction FB05 (when processing the opearation in FEBA) - how to fill in (automatically) the field "Special GL indicator".

So that I can automatically clear an item posted with special GL indicator F (Down Payment Request).

Cause it's none of the settings of the posting rule.

cheers,

d.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Please check my code for User-Exit FEB00001 in this topic to to enable clearing of down payment requests (Sp. G/L indicator F) by electronic bank statement. You do NOT have to set up a posting rule with special G/L indicator.

http://scn.sap.com/message/15878898#15878898Re: Bank statement posting rules with clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, for SpL ind F you maintained List of target special G/L indicators. When you create DPR you put target special G/L indicator(eg A), it substituted to F (but in FB03 you can see target special G/L indicator A). While clearing DPR there will be indicator A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is correct.

This is how the Down Payment Request will behave.

What I want to do, is to automatically go to Open items posted with special GL indicator, when the transaction is posted from the Bank Statement.

When you process a statement in FEBA, it uses t-code FB05, to post with clearing (based on the settings of the posting rule).

I want to pass the information to FB05, that I wish to clear an item, posted with special GL indicator.

(there's a field on the screen, where the indicators may be put, next to checkbox "Normal OI")

So what you've said is correct, but does not answer my question

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I don't understand your question, you want get to know which sp GL ind. to use in FB05?If so then use BSEG-ZUMSK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

OK, again.

I want to post an Incoming payment.

I wish to post it from a Bank statement.

So, I use Posting Rules.

When you post with the use of Posting Rules - you may have the system "Post with Clearing".

When you use this option, you need to supply the system with an informaton - what is to be cleared (reference number, other).

So, when you actually proces the statement in FEBA, the system goes to transaction FB05.

By default - in FB05 system is looking for Normal Open Items (when you supply it, using for example - an EXIT or interpretation algorithm).

But I want the system to be looking for an Item posted with a special GL indicator.

I do not want to set it manually.

And such setting is NOT a part of settings for a Posting Rule.

br,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. Then do not enter Posting key and sp. GL ind (for vendor Dr side)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. Then do not enter Posting key and sp. GL ind (for vendor Dr side) and choose Bank statement ^Posting type=7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. Then do not enter Posting key and sp. GL ind (for vendor Dr side) and choose Bank statement ^Posting type=7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, we're almost there.

It's not 'Posting type' 7, but 8, nevertheless, you're getting where I want you to get.

When we use Posting type 7 or 8, system will try to clear something automatically.

By default - it's looking for Normal Open items.

How do I make it search for Open Items posted with special GL indicator?

I know, I may just mark the checkbox in FB05 (Select Open items screen).

But I want to pass this information automatically.

Thanks for following this case so far

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

'It's not 'Posting type' 7, but 8, nevertheless, you're getting where I want you to get.'-for docs where in sp gl indicator Cr, if you pay,then you need 7.

'When we use Posting type 7 or 8, system will try to clear something automatically.

By default - it's looking for Normal Open items.' - did you try it?It'd pick up sp. GL ind. from DPR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

"By default - it's looking for Normal Open items.' - did you try it?It'd pick up sp. GL ind. from DPR "

Yes, but what I want to do is to POINT to that DPR.

And to find it, among open items, I need to tell the system, it's posted with special GL indicator F.

And, by default, system in FB05 is looking for Normal OI.

So, even if I pass the number with an EXIT, the system won't find the document, cause it'll be looking among normal documents.

It's not a Normal Open item.

God, how easier would it be, if it was possible to paste pics here

br,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if you use selection criteria PYORD it works fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it doesn't.

One thing - PYORD is usable, when you work with "Payment Order only" functionality.

And more importantly - I'm posting an INCOMING payment.

So Payment Order number.... there's nothing like it