Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to record BDC for ME54n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I have a requirement to record BDC for tcode me54n , and execute it as a background job .

when I am recording it thru SHDB with check box ticked Simulate background Mode then its not displaying me the transaction ME54n , but with out this check box tick I am able to record it successfully , but its throwing an exception while executed in a background job .

in forground its working fine

please help

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When you want to record a enjoy transaction like ME54N , ME21N etc you need to check two checkboxs

1. No Batch Input and

2. Simulate in Background

Then record the particular transaction and save it.

Coming to the Program Do the same thing in CTU Parameters.

pass 'X' to No batch input and Simulate in background.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargav.

0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav ,

Thanks for reply, I tried as you said but still itu2019s not working,

When I checked the below two check boxes then I am only getting the release strategy tab of ME54n that too in display mode,

And if I uncheck them then I am able to record it properly

1. No Batch Input and

2. Simulate in Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

You could try using the BAPIS

BAPI_REQUISITION_RELEASE Release Purchase Requisition Item by Item

BAPI_REQUISITION_RELEASE_GEN Release Entire Purchase Requisition

and call the program using these BAPIs in the background.

Regards,

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam ,

In our case after the final release of PR it gets transfer to external system thru xml , in case I release it from bapi its not transfer PR to external system

only when I release it from me54n then it will be transferred , thats why I am recording BDC

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Just a thought use the bapi's as Shyam suggested . Once you get success message from the bapi then you can send the data to XML in the program.

Please have a look at the below link for converting table to XML.

Regards,

Nagaraj

0 Kudos

Hi Nagraj

if I go thru bapi , then I have to decide what are all fields we need to send to the external system , as wel as in external system we have to create custom proxies to handle this data . Which is again lead to inconsistencies

But if I release it thru BDC , system will take cre of XML transfer , only thing I am not able to get is why its not allowing to create bdc to me54n with simulate background mode option .

where as for other enjoy transaction like me23n its working fine

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have suggested this option as you are facing issue with BDC .. I don't have exact answer to your question but suggested a work around.Also you are sending the data from SAP so i don't see data being inconsistent.

Try with Your BDC and if you don;t get any resolution try to implement the work around.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you try ME54 in place of ME54N i think it still works for BDC that way.

Regards,

Himanshu

0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu ,

thank you , now I am able to record and execute BDC for ME54 in background job , but its not triggering XML message to external system . only if "I do it from me54n it will trigger

Regards

Akash

Edited by: Akash on May 18, 2011 3:17 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure why that will be because functionally what ever you can do with the enjoy transactions you should be able to do with the old tcodes as well unless you have restricted some where only for ME54N.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I got SAP note 1504247 , which has correction to trigger SOA message to external system using tcode me54 . after implementing this note too its not triggering xml to external system .

pawan_rai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

If while recording there is any warning message occuring then that can only be processed in foreground job not in background job. So check if your getting any warning messages.

Regards,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan ,

I am getting one information popup message saying "Release will be set for all items within frame

of overall release" , this is not captured in BDC recording.

I dont know how to capture it during recording

0 Kudos

hi akash,

Thing is that if you get any information message during recording it will cause an error during background run so for that only foreground is possible.

Regards,

Pawan.