Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution of Plant

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In one of the substitution rule defined for WBS a routine exit U555 is used to substitute Plant from additional fields of Cost center master data. Now I have to see whether this routine exit is active. How can I see?

In OPSN i see that routine exit mentioned in Step but missing under the EXITS tab in Prerequisite. So can I be sure it is inactive. The other problem is this substitution should come into play whenever project will be created and then we save it. But here projects are automatically changing status to REL during creation itself and substitution is missing. Later when I am changing project status to TECO and then saving then substitution is carried on.

I need to fix all these things up for proper functioning so that the routine exit is active and substitution is carried on during Release of project. To stop automatic release of projects too.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

clsoing

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you tell me though there is automatic substitution ticked in OPSA but substitution is not taking place during project creation and save. It takes place during the next status change and save.

We need to repair around 5000 projects. is there any way of mass substitution? So that the values are retrieved for plant field for 5000 projects at a time.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

may be you can create a BDC, or try recording in LSMW for changing the status.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

Here some projects are CLSD, even TECO and even some are REL. Is there any other way?

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To change status of 5000 Projects BDC is the best option.

System will allow you to change Plant in the Project Definition even after Releasing the Project.

What is the idea to make changes for the Closed (CLSD) projects.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

We have found a program which substitutes Plants in mass from CC master data. But when I am running the program it throws an error " Fill in all required fields" and cannot save the data. Even though substitution and valaidation is carried out.

When I go to project builder I find all mandatory fields filled up. Only one problem I face when I go to Depreciation Simulation Tab and click on Distribution button it says error "Both asset class and capitalization date are not maintained!

Message no. AO365 "

But my question is for normal save of project it works. Is it that during substitution it is reading the above tab or during project saving? How to come out of this?

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody can help me on this/

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

So when I run the program it comes like this:

Factory calendar copied from plant

Substitution Project Definition carried out

Substitution WBS Elements carried out

Validation Project Definition carried out

Fill in all required entry fields

Data cannot be saved

I cannot find any mandatory fields to be filled up when I see in project builder.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

There is a standard BAPI maintained in the program which is calling for WBS maintenance. So when I remove test mode it is trying to maintain all fields. But I do not get which field in WBS is causing the error.