Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Document Updation Error in ME29N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I am releasing a PO in ME29N ,

Initially it is showing message released but later on the document is not released and the info is Express Document updation error.

In SM13, I had found that the error is in RV_MESSAGE_UPDATE row 116

wht should done to resolve this.

With Rgds,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor

Hi,

Go to ME22N and chekc the "Messages", output type would have not processed successfully. (With RED Traffic Light). Analyse the cause of error and rectify the same and then release. This is becasue you would have selected "4 - Output immediately" option in Messages. If it is not required then select option "3" and then save and release PO and then Print.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Yeah u r correct,

Problem solved.

It is due to Option 4 maintained in output condition type, I changed it to 3 now problem solved.

with Rgds,

Krishna.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is express document error,It is always problem with number range.So reset the number range.It will be solved

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GOTO PO number ranges in SPRO & click on status, there change the last created document number by adding few more.Then try to craete it will work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

A termination in function RV_MESSAGE_UPDATE means the system was trying

to process an output/message for the PO (either print, mail, fax, work-

flow, etc).

Check the print program and form you are using (in trx NACE > EF> select the output type and the corresponding processing routine).

BR

Nadia Orlandi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

better tell the error message that is shown if you select the update failure and click the header icon