cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Equipment to Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have one requirement in my ongoing project.

I have created a Project "Construction of Road" and below this there are few WBS.

And in one of the WBS, i have Network and Activites mapped to it. The structure looks as shown below:

Construction of Road (Project Def)

GRANULAR SUB-BASE (WBS)

MATERIAL FROM CRUSHER (Activity)

LOADING COST (Activity)

TRANSPORTATION COST (Activity)

SPREADING WITH GRADER (Activity)

COMPACTION (ROLLER) (Activity)

In activities Spreading with Grader and Compaction i am using 2 machines Grader and Roller respectively in completing these activities.

How can i bring these machines into Project? Also i want to keep track of the following on the machine

STANDERD DIESEL CONSUMPTION PER HOUR

STANDERD DIESEL CONSUMPTION PER SHIFT

WORKING HOURS PER SHIFT

DIESEL CONSUMPTION PER SHIFT

DIFFERENCE IN DIESEL CONSUMPTION

PLANED OUT PUT PER SHIFT

OUTPUT ACHIEVED FOR SHIFT

DIFFERENCE IN OUTPUT

The above data i am able to capture by defining the machines Grader and Roller as equipment in SAP. But i am lost on how to map this machines on to may project "Construction of Road"

Can any one

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simplest way is create these equipments are PRT and assign those PRT to these activities.

Since these are big machines it is not good to use PRT. Standard functionality is available in EC & O with ETM (equipment and Tools Management).

The work around is create these machines are work centers and also activity types for these machines to capture cost and maintain in the activity. create a functional location for each project and assign these equipments whenever you move these equipments to site / project.

hope it clears your doubt

thanks

abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just for my understanding-lets say that Grader is created as a Work Center in SAP....after that we create 2 activity types in SAP,one for hour consumption and the other for diesel consumption.Then we maintain the rates in KP26 for the relevant Cost center.And we create the following 2 activities in the Project-

a) Per hour tracking

b) per shift tracking

For each of the activity,we maintain the standard diesel consumption in some place...lets say the User Field for quantity and the planned consumption in the Work field.

Now as we confirm the activity as the equipment is utilized then the actual consumption would be captured.

On the lines suggested by you,would this be the right way to proceed?

Thanks and Regards

Shekhar