cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to URL reference usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

for the UI element LinkToURL, tehre is parameter called reference, when any value is given tot his parameter, it referrs to related path for another application.

I have a Modal window, and tehre is a link on modal window, when I click on link on modal window, focus is not on new opened window,new window is created and minimized automatically

Focus comes to modal window.

The requirement is to focus new window.

for that, on modal window, if I give URL directly, then new sepearate window may open.

please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check the link to url's property type = navigation

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I tried, it is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no difference between give the url reference

directly or bind with the attribure. In my application both behave as same focus on the new window.

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

so,

when I try to open external window from new application , the name provided in reference, in that case alongwith the external window, I see one more window open which I want to eliminate.

the scenario is:-

main view:- click on link>modal window> click on link on modal window--> go to another external window.

to go to another window.. like google page, I need new window to be opened.The window is opened ,but this new opened browser window is behind the main view browser window , because modal window will remain in focus by default.

I want my third window to remain open on click of a link on modal window.. instead of getting it minimized automatically.

Message was edited by: Nav

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this scenario, if I can generate reference parameter of a LinkToURL as not to take relative path, instead taking "www.yahoo.com" directly, it can solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

or,

If I can eliminate the default window of new application not to be open, insteda directlt the link URL is opened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

another possibility:-

opening url iView from the link on modal widnow.. in Portal .. so if I can open URL IView then also, the problem maybe solved. BUT this URL will by dyanmic...as per the parameter selcted, URL needs to be developed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

i tried that, but it works fine.i created a view and placed a link on that. when I click the link, a popup window opened and i have a LinkToURL on the popup window.

when i click this it would raised a new browser window(www.mail.yahoo.com).it still in maximized view(didn't go to the taskbar).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

but is your popup window a Modal window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, it is a modal window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so, when you click link on modal window, so, new URL window comes above this modal window. is it correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please tell me, how did you use LInkToURL,

when I use it , I am providing reference parameter value, so it asks for another new application inside existing application.

How to use LinkToURL to open www.yahoo.com URL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i created one value attribute type String in context(ex:Source).

then i bind it with the reference proprerty of the LinkToURL element. in DoInit() i set the Source attribute to "http:/www.mail.yahoo.com". when i click this link it raised a new browser window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lott,

I was actually not aware fo right use of LinkToURL.

I was not passing http:// , so if we dont pass http:// and without it if we pass the value in reference parameter, it takes relative path in respect of application path.

so it includes application URL path and appends relative path as related path..

Thansk a lott..

IT IS REALLY REALLY VERY GOOD HELP from your side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

most welcome.

regards

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I dynamically change the URL on the external non-modal window opened without destroying it and open a new one?

Answers (0)