SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Contract account can be cleared at Cash Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have placed a Clearing lock on a Contract Account(tcode CAA2). But the due amounts on that contract account can still be cleared through the cash desk FPCJ.

Where should the lock be placed to prevent all incoming payments for a particular contract account?

Thanks & Regards,

Malini

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

Please go to transaction FPL9 and enter the contract account number and display all the items. Now you can double click on the document where you want to place the clearing lock. After that in the menu click on the Document->Display / Change. In the payment data tab, please put a clearing lock and payment lock if you want that the document will not be cleared and will be blocked from payment. Now save the document.

Hope this will help.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

Edited by: NirmalyaC on May 16, 2011 1:02 PM

0 Kudos

Hello NirmalyaC,

This works at document level, but i need to block all the documents for that contract account, it will be a long process if i have to do it one document at a time.

Regards

malini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

Please check the setting SPRO-Financial Accounting-Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-Basic Functions-Postings and Documents-Basic Settings-Define Lock Reasons for Posting Locks.

For the assigned lock reason it should have the configuration as 'clearing lock only' here. Please assign it at contract account level.

Hope it will help.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Hello NirmalyaC,

This option has also been tested, but still does not work.

Regards

Malini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

I think since through tcode FPCJ you are directly clearing the dcument line item, the clearing lock at contract account level is not working.

Another option you can try where you don't need to put the lock in every document one by one. You can use tcode FPE2M for the contract account and there you can put the clearing lock on all the documents at once.

Otherwise you need an enhancement to stop the line item level clearing for cash desk.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of partial clearing on a line item, the lock seem not be working. I think I will go for an enhancement on the cashier screen.

I will pout the lock on the contract account level and then check same in the enhancement.

Thanks for the replies

Malini

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

In the view SM30 - V_TFK000S , should have the specification - Posting and clearing lock .

Secondly the same has to be applied in the contract account in the payment lock reason .

After assigning the same , system would not allow to accept payment against any document or even payment on account .

Only thing that you have to remember is that the lock reason should have both payment as well as clearing lock .

The other way is of pushing the locks in the documents through FPE2 or FPE2M , else the lock at contract account would work.

Cheers ,

Dewang