cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP PlanningBook - How to change UoM in UoM Column ?

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a simple DP planning book / data viewwhere I want to the user to enter a percentage value into a keyfigure. For example value 15 --> means a macro using this number to calculate 15% of something else. The keyfigure is defined in RSA1 as type QUAN.

The keyfigure shows standard UoM = "PC" in the data view but I want to change it to "%" so that this is clear using the planning book / data view. I was trying to change it different ways:

a) in the data view designer --> keyfigure attributes --> the section is closed (I can only change it for temporary data view keyfigures).

b) the other way I was trying is to change it in the DataView itself (you can set the UoM column to "changeable") - once I change PC to % it is reseting it to PC.

c) In the DP Planning Area Maintenance I can only switch the keyfigure to use the UoM from the master data but cannot change it to a custom value.

... but no success.

Does anybody have an idea how to get this done ?

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Try following if this helps

1. Use /sapapo/msdp_admin

2. Go in the planning area, under Key Figure tab, "Details" view

3. For the KF that you want percentage, type % in the "Unit of Measure" field - You will need to uncheck the UOM box to do this

Let us know it resolves your issue.

Regards,

Tushar

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tushar.

after deleting the time series objects I can access the DP PlanningArea Definition in /sapapo/msdp_admin in CHANGE Mode and see some fields in tab "Keyfigures" "details" are open for editiing ... but not the column UoM where I would like to enter my custom UoM (the UoM flag beside is unchecked) ... any idea why or what the issue could be here ?

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Let me tell with an example about UoM issue in //msdp_admin:

Issue 1: Execute transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN and you go to planning area. Click on <key figures> tab. Click on <Details> button to display KF details. Put the cursor on 'UOM' -

> you cannot modify it, this is the issue.

Solution: Since note 786625, the UOM-flag can only be set if a product characteristic is contained in the planning object structure and the key figure is defined as amount or quantity, i.e. if it has a unit.

Issue 2 : Execute transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN and you go to planning area. Click on <key figures> tab. Click on <Details> button to display KF details. Put the cursor on the colums 'Unit of measure ' of the unitless

keyfigures, you cannot do it, this is the issue (you need to enter % there)

Solution for 2 : Please note that you can only maintain the unit of measure for only unit less keyfigures.Unit less keyfigures means the keyfigures neither of the quantity type nor of the amount type. In your case as you have explaied above it is QUAN KF. This is the reason.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nithin,

tks for the explanation - I changed the keyfigure type in RSA1 from QUAN to NUM and afterwards it is possible to change the UoM in /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN showing up correctly in the PlanninBook / DataView.

Thanks for the solution

Regards

Thomas

Answers (0)