cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check against Higehst dunning level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i want to ask about the flag highest dunning level in automatic credit checks(OVA8) and it's relation to the dunning

regarding note 374213 :

The dunning level in the customer master data is only used for the first step of the check. The system checks as follows:

1. The dunning level of the customer master data (KNB5-MAHNS) is compared to the dunning level from Customizing (T691F-DUNNG).

2. If the result of this check is negative (KNB5-MAHNS > T691F-DUNNG), the system searches the open items again and determines the highest dunning level there. In the meantime, the customer could have paid the open items which caused the highest dunning level. The second step is only carried out if the first one had a negative result.

i got that if the highest dunning level in the OVA8 is lower than the one in the master record the system searches for the highest dunning level of open items.....If so , what's the benefit of it as in all cases it'll take the one in the master record in consideration and what really makes me confused is this sttmnt

(From the business point of view, the check of the highest dunning level against the open items of the customer in credit management and the highest dunning level determined there are correct because this dunning level has the more current status.)

in my case i want it to take the highest dunning level of open items in consideration and not the one in the master data.....any help to clarify this to me???!!! and solve my issue ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sm.,

My comment is that it make sense to adopt highest dunning level from open item instead of customer master as the later will be refreshed in next dunning run and it can be changed manually using FD02.

Cheers,

John Chin