Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical way to identify top 10 transactions used by casual user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working for a company using multiple SAP systems (with different release level from 4.6C to ECC6).

For an internal study we would like to identify the top 10 transactions used by Casual users (unfrequent use of SAP).

I was hoping to rely on ST03N data.

Due to the business environment I know that the standard most frequent transactions will be VA01/VA02 (based on nr of dialog steps) ... but these transactions are used by professional users and that's not the transactions I am looking for.

I would like to find transactions like Purchase Requistions / Workflow Approvals (used by a significant nr of users ... perhaps by 30 % to 50 % of the 10K users of my system).

And of course I do not want to touch my config in order to collect data (by reading some of the forums one of the approach could be to change the data collectiong process ..... but the amount of data will be too big (as I need one month of data).

Do you believe standard ST03N data (with monthly, weekly bucket) could help to identify these transactions ?

If yes how ?

Has anyone been able to identify these transactions with a technical approach ?

1 REPLY 1

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you check SAP's [Security Audit Log|http://help.sap.com/SAPhelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c7/69bcb7f36611d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm] tool?