cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Latest End Time in workflow builder but change not taking place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

In our existing leave application workflow (working fine for many years), we have set a deadline monitoring of Work Item Creation (WIS) + 10 days to send an email back to the applicant if his or her leave application wasn't acted upon by his/her supervisor.

Recently we have made some changes to the leave program and are required to test this deadline monitoring. In development environment instead of waiting for 10 days, we updated the Time field in the Latest End tab to 3 mins and then we generate and activate the workflow (through the Activation submenu in the Workflow menu).

Problem 1: But when the leave program generate the work item, inside the work item the Latest End date and time still show as WIS + 10 days, instead of WIS + 3 mins. We have already run SWU_OBUF and also refresh the organizational environment through SWUS but still to no avail.

Problem 2: When we change the Latest End date of the workitem to trigger the deadline monitoring, nothing happens even though the deadline monitoring batch job (SWWCOND & SWWDHEX) is already running successfully every 3 mins. In the executed action it just show 'Deadline reached' and the work item is in READY status.

In our work flow we have the process control to set the work item to obsolete. Really appreciate for any advice. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viji,

Have checked the outcome tab and all the outcomes are active. When i check the background job in SM37, everything seems okay (there's no error logs or messages).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are working in DEV enviornment, why don't you delete the activity and recreate it. Surely this is one of the most crude way of resolving this issue but as per the suggestions given above, why not as well try this. And Activity and Task are 2 independent things, so you should be able to recreate without much difficulty. Moreover deadline monitoring requires a change only to activity. If you are very new to workflow then probably you can keep printshot of the Bindings, as you will need to regenerate that as well, rest will only be to change the Latest end which you can keep to 3 mins directly. Make sure you do a refresh before it and also keep an instance of the previous workflow active so as to check the run for 10 days.

Regards, Saud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Sorry, wrong choice of word. What i'm trying to say is as we don't have a workflow expert on our site, me and my colleague were a bit hesitant to manually change the work item deadline. But i see the benefit in doing that. At least now we know that changing the work item deadline would not affect the triggering of the deadline monitoring.

Hi Viji,

We haven't tied the changed workflow template to any transport request yet as we wanted to test it out in development environment first.

Sorry but how do i check if the outcome is active?

Hi Rob,

We didn't do any import. Since we're testing the changes in dev, we're directly changing the workflow template and activating it without tagging it to any transport request. But thanks for letting us know about table HRS1205, will give it a look tomorrow afternoon.

And also we're generating new work item for our testing. That's why we were surprise the new work item is still not picking up the WIS+3 mins latest end date.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you import a new workflow definition the transpoirt system should update the active version to the newest one.

This data is stored in table HRS1205.

First check if the import was done succesfully

Then check if the definition looks the same in the target client.

Check table hrs1205 and if it doesnt have the new version you might try refreshing the buffers SWU_OBUF

Also, only new workitems will get the new definition, older workitems will still have the 10 days deadline.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

In the time field of the latest end tab, the dropdown list allow us to select the time in days, hours or minutes (MINS) etc. Nope, no error were encounter when we activate the workflow template.

Okay, that's why in the end we had no choice but to manually change the deadline date and time through SWIA. Thanks for replying btw.

Hi Viji,

We're trying to avoid generating a version but if generating a version and then activating it might solve the problem, we're going to give it a try this Wednesday.

We're using 'modeled' deadline. Workflow status is still not complete. In the graphic workflow diagram, the green line thingy is just stoppping on the activity before the process control step that should turn to 'latest end reach' and proceed to set the work item to obsolete.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"Okay, that's why in the end we had no choice but to manually change the deadline date and time through SWIA."

No choice? This is by far the easiest way of doing it. No need to change anything in the workflow, regenerate it etc.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you transport any request to the quality, then by default a new version will be created in the workflow.

So after making any changes you have to activate your workflow.

For the deadline, in the outcomes Tab , check the deadline outcome is active.

If it is fine, then there is some issue's with the bacgound job's.

Thanks,

Viji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the Problem1, try to ccreate a new verision (Workflow --> Generate verison) and the activate the workflow using CTRL + F3 and check it.

For the Probelam2, Have you used 'Modeled' deadline or just 'Display text' deadline? If it s is a display text deadline, then it will send the mail to inbox.

I think it will not create anything in the workflow log.

Whats your status of the workflow? is it completed or not?

Thanks,

Viji.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can't explain why this is happening (how did you set it to 3 minutes, with a variable?; are you sure the activation didn't produce any error messages?) but I would suggest you leave it at 10 days and instead change the deadline on the workitem via tx SWI1 after it's been created.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology