Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Plant - Vendor specific text

Hi All,

My question is, Is it possible in SAP MM to create a text message and assign it to a Plant-Vendor combination so that when the Plant is ordering items from the assigned Vendor this message will be printed in the PO form? I am looking for a SAP standard method.

I know it is possible to create "Header Text" in the PO but rather than have the user enter the same text each time the plant creates a PO for this vendor, SAP will recognoise the particular combination of Plant and Vendor. and default the text into the PO.

I have checked all the Purchase Information Records, at Vendor and Material level and while I can achieve the required result by entering the text into the Vendor Record, with a "Vendor, Material, Purchasing Org and Plant" the order can contain in excess of 100 line items and the required text is the same for each line item, so I end up with this text being printed 100 times.

Has anyone come across such a requirement?

if you want text only once, then it must be at vendor level, which is header level.

SAP gets knowledge about a plant only when you enter an item, as the plant is a field at item level.

so you need own programming logic to get knowledge if all items in this PO belong to the same plant and which plant

like it is standard for the delivery address (which is printed at header level if all items have the same delivery address, or at item level if it is different)

then you can print a text maintained in SO10, which you can easily determine if you put some logic in the text name.

like vendor number and plant number that appear always at the same place in this text.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question