Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant - Vendor specific text

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My question is, Is it possible in SAP MM to create a text message and assign it to a Plant-Vendor combination so that when the Plant is ordering items from the assigned Vendor this message will be printed in the PO form? I am looking for a SAP standard method.

I know it is possible to create "Header Text" in the PO but rather than have the user enter the same text each time the plant creates a PO for this vendor, SAP will recognoise the particular combination of Plant and Vendor. and default the text into the PO.

I have checked all the Purchase Information Records, at Vendor and Material level and while I can achieve the required result by entering the text into the Vendor Record, with a "Vendor, Material, Purchasing Org and Plant" the order can contain in excess of 100 line items and the required text is the same for each line item, so I end up with this text being printed 100 times.

Has anyone come across such a requirement?

Regards,

V S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want text to be printed for 100 line items or not ?

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

No I do not want the text to be printed 100 times...it should be picked as the PO header text and printed only once

how to maintain SO10 text plant and vendor specific? Is there a standard way of doing so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since your same text is getting printed 100 times bcoz it has 100 lines, you can handle through programing delete 99 texts and print only 1 if the texts is same.

As i understandIn So10 to maintain plant and vendor specific text you will have create that many text in S010 and call in programing if vendor and plant is say x and y call text....

Regards

Sangeeta

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

But I maintain text in info record the maintenance is difficult.These texts will be changing regularly atleast once in 6 months and then we will have to change the info records so many in number.

Is there a simpler way of doing this keeping in mind the data maintenance in future?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want text only once, then it must be at vendor level, which is header level.

SAP gets knowledge about a plant only when you enter an item, as the plant is a field at item level.

so you need own programming logic to get knowledge if all items in this PO belong to the same plant and which plant

like it is standard for the delivery address (which is printed at header level if all items have the same delivery address, or at item level if it is different)

then you can print a text maintained in SO10, which you can easily determine if you put some logic in the text name.

like vendor number and plant number that appear always at the same place in this text.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V S,

This can be done, please do the following:

• Goto XK02 - In the Change Purchasing Data Tab - Click Extras from Menu and goto Texts. Here against Purchase Order Text maintain your fixed text.

• Then goto SPRO -> Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Texts for Purchase Order -> Define Copying Rules of Header Texts

In the next screen click (seq.No 01) Header Text and then click Text linkages on your left hand side menu. On the new screen copy Purchase order line and change it to "Vendor Master" in the column Source Object and in column Source Text choose " Purchase Order Text" and in column Fix - leave it blank.

Note: Even though these fields apart from Fix is greyed, you can still change values.

Now create PO, your text from Vendor Master data will be displayed in Header text of the PO as default.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Ahmad Farhan Khalid

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain Standard texts for Plant and Vendor combination in SO10 and call the same during PO creation and printing.