Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA-Asset ID Number from Asset Under Construction to Final Asset

rane_prashant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

In our organization we use Asset Under Construction by creating individual asset and later we released to final asset. The system work fine in accounting wise but in practical scenario we are facing issue to track physical asset number.

Example: 1 Asset Under Construction #10001, later create final asset in class computer "SERVER IBM # 50001"

When this server was purchased IT departed put the asset number as 10001 on physical asset. later this asset was re-classified to proper asset class which now has asset number #50001

In this scenario IT department facing issue to perform physical inventory.

Can some one share experience on how to handle this scenario from SAP/Conceptual process wise?

Regards,

prashant rane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'In this scenario IT department facing issue to perform physical inventory.'-can you explain? You mean that they only know Asset Under Construction #10001(you can get to know it by ANLA-AIBN1)? What about serial number or inventory number?Do you use them?

rane_prashant
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is so common to the consultents like me, I do advice to the client as follows:

1st Step: Creating AUC Asset the number from 1series would be the temporary number, can be used till settlement to main asset.

2nd Step: Fixed asset number 5series would be the parmenent number.

Note: 1 series all the numbers should be settleed to the main asset and the temporary number should be replaced / noted with parmenent number.

I guess it would work to you.

Regards

VG

Answers (0)