cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Calculation in SAP Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My Requirment is so get the US and Canadian tax automatically from external tax system ( other than Vertax Sabrix and taxware) while creating Purchase Order. We are using SAP XI to get the TAX AMOUNT from external system.

The probelm is , the external system provides me directly tax amount rather than tax code. As per my knowledge , the tax calculation in Sap is done through tax code only.

Please help me on this. Do I need to do something like , create a new condition type and put the tax amount there ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Financial A/C Global Settings>Tax on sale and purchase>Basic Settings>Check calculation Procedure>define procedure

Which are the Tax conditions available ,In next step check assignment of country to tax procedure check for US TAXUSX is assigned

Create TAX CODE in FTXP , now for the tax code maintain the condition value( you can use standard conditions based on your tax

type or create Z Condition type) in FV11 with tax code amount and validity

Now when yoo use this tax code your condition value will be defaulted , probabaly you need to create program to use FV11 and update

New condition value fetched by external system to update the tax code and amount everytime or create Z table to store and update

condition values fetched by external system ..please explore further

Thanks

Diwakar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help.

In my scenario, I do not have any TaxCode. The External system is giving me the tax amount directly, which i need to capture in PO.

I am just an ABAP technical person. Through some R&D, I found one approach. But I am sure on the correctness and consequences.

1. Create a custom pricing condition.

2. Assign the condition in pricing procedure and assign an account key

2. Update the tax amount against the custom condition

Will it create any problem in GR?IR Invoice verification and FI posting ?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

As per knowledge of SABRIX & R/3,

1. We need not maintain tax condition record in R/3.

2. Values & Tax code will be updated on real time into R/3 from SABRIX server.

Thanks & Regards

JP