cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

company code change

Former Member
0 Kudos

we need to revise the wrong design, previously, consultants create one company code A001 and

three redundant company codes A002, A003, A005 in 2009, they are all under one controlling area and same currency and chart of account, now we want to remove three additional company codes A002,a003 and a005, and all the configuration, master data and transaction data needs to move into A001 in production. we use AA, GL, AP, AR , special ledger and CO-CCA, IO, so what are the points we need to keep in mind when we do the merge. any suggestion on the steps we need to perform?

how to migrate those FI open items and documents, how about those assets depreciated in half way, any guideline, thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

It is completely a new project , you have to create all the master data and transfer open items, similar to legacy to SAP

thanks

Kameshwar Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'now we want to remove three additional company codes A002,a003 and a005, and all the configuration, master data and transaction data needs to move into A001 in production' - you want to transfer and then delete all data?

1 Transfer master data to A001(vendor,customer,g/l account) with standard tcodes- fs15,fk15,fd15.

2 Transfer CO master data- here you need to export data to excel/txt and upload for new company code

3 transfer posting data.

here you need to realize which kind of data(P/L accounts with CO object+secondary expenses) do you need(I mean CO), because you have different number of CO master data.

4. Export all open items (vendor, customer, g/l account) and upload to A001 CC (i advise to separate this transaction into 3)

5. Transfer AA. - you need to realize which transfer method to use-NET or GROSS, then using abt1n transfer to new assets(which you can create in abt1n or before)

Then delete all data from old CCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks alex,

I have open item for vendor,customer, GL balance needs to be moved to A001, how to do? I download from fbl1n, 3n,5n, but only document number, document type, amount in Local currency, do you mean use this and lsmw to upload?

i have cash account, bank account(some GL same in sending company code and receiving company code), asset account, reconcillation account, P&L account, how to move balance since asset depreciation (balance sheet) and some inventory account, ppv account cannot directly posted

how to sending the stock balance, so stock and GL will tie after we migrate to new company code?

you mention abt1n, but how about asset master data, depreciation key? how to move four depreciation area (we have same depreciation area for these copany codes)?how to close asset module in the old company codes?

any idea on special ledger module, we have both SD,MM column in our special ledger summary table and line item table, how to move these three years data?

Edited by: sivkumr on May 17, 2011 6:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

'I download from fbl1n, 3n,5n, but only document number, document type, amount in Local currency, do you mean use this and lsmw to upload?'-yes, you need to post this items(only for open items). If account is not managed in open items then upload only balance.

About assets accounts I wrote before, you need to transfer via abt1n, if you need accumulated depr then use GROSS method.

'some inventory account'- you mean material?if so you need to use mov. type 561 (it's better to ask mm consultant if you're not in charge of)

'how to sending the stock balance, so stock and GL will tie after we migrate to new company code?'-please clarify.

'you mention abt1n, but how about asset master data, depreciation key? how to move four depreciation area (we have same depreciation area for these copany codes)?how to close asset module in the old company codes?'-as I wrote in previous post you can create master data in abt1n during posting(write program which use abt1n and create asset with the same data). About depr key, if you have the same then it's easy to copy.

'any idea on special ledger module, we have both SD,MM column in our special ledger summary table and line item table, how to move these three years data?'- you want to upload historical data?I mean all movements?As per my practice, I did only for one year. For audit you can leave another years in old company codes. That's why I never delete data from old CC-I mean to see historical data

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks alice,

how you manage to transfer special ledger summary and line item table for different years?

I'm design open item transfer program and balance transfer Z program,is there any standard SAP program we can copy? what are the difference between open item transfer and balance transfer, which are the tables I can use in the program?

if it is batch input program, can i use fb01 for both balance transfer and line item transfer? how about foreign currency translation account, do i need to use fbb1 instead of fb01?

we will remove old company codes in the system, thus can you suggest asset module shutdown and GL shutdown steps after I migrate all open item , master data, balance .and asset, thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

'I'm design open item transfer program and balance transfer Z program,is there any standard SAP program we can copy?' -it's just program which posts documents. You can write program or use lsmw

what are the difference between open item transfer and balance transfer, which are the tables I can use in the program?'-difference is that for balance 'transfer' you need to post just one doc(for one account) with posting date-the last day in the moth.

Open item- you need to 'copy' these docs, I mean post them in new CC with the same data. And you don't need tables, just post docs bapi,lsmw

'we will remove old company codes in the system, thus can you suggest asset module shutdown and GL shutdown steps after I migrate all open item , master data, balance .and asset' -you can find in spro in correspond module(often in menu like Productive start). But I advise to not hurry with deleting this data at least before new fiscal year begin

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

It is not recommended to delete the company code data in live server. However if you want this then you will have to proceed as under.

First transfer all customers, vendors and GL account balance to the A001 and then

1....Reset company code data is to use transaction OBR1 enter your company code and reset the data.

2.... Use transaction OBR2 and delete all GL accounts, customer & vendor master data

3....Delete CO area

Regards