Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify mandatory fields while using an idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to Idocs. I want to find out the mandatory fields in the segments that are used in an Idoc.

Please help.

Regards,

Lohitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohitha,

I dont think there is a straight forward/documented way of knowing a mandatory field within a segment, however you can use WE30 or WE60 to identify the mandatory segments in an IDOC.

I guess you will have to use common knowledge of the requirement to know/identify a field that might be mandatory. For Ex: when you are creating an ITEM on a SO, Material is mandatory etc

Regards,

Chen

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohitha,

I dont think there is a straight forward/documented way of knowing a mandatory field within a segment, however you can use WE30 or WE60 to identify the mandatory segments in an IDOC.

I guess you will have to use common knowledge of the requirement to know/identify a field that might be mandatory. For Ex: when you are creating an ITEM on a SO, Material is mandatory etc

Regards,

Chen

0 Kudos

Thank you.

That was really helpful.

Lohitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes By using Idoc documentation(WE60), YOU CAN FIND THE MANDATORY SEGMENTS AND OPTIONAL SEGMENTS.

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The field MUSTFL of the table IDOCSYN is marked 'X' for the mandatory segments.

You can check this table by providing the idoc type(key field).