cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce material cost after invoice verification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created GRN for a purchase order for which invoice verification is also done. Now i wanted to reduce the value in material cost. IN the MIRO t code, when i select material tab and enter the material number and the value, the system is giving an error message. it is giving an error message as error in account determination. in Transaction key

PRD. the system is posting the value in the price difference account. which should not happen. If i post it to PRD account. The value of the material is not reducing.

Pl let me know the right process to address the issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The below configuration should have to be activated, if you are posting in the GL / Material directly. ( I guess you might have activated already )

SPRO - Materials Management - LIV - Incoming Invoice - Activate Direct posting to G/L Accounts and Material Accounts

Material Cost

If you are trying to reduce the cost of material, then you should use transaction MR21. (Always do this in the current period )

PO Material Cost

If you are trying to reduce the PO item cost, then you should use Subsequent Credit in the MIRO.

But again at the time of posting, there should be sufficient stock to post against the stock account or it will post in the price difference if the material uses MAV price. If the material uses standard price, then also it will post in the price difference account irrespective of the stock availability.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the exact requirement ?

Is it you have received the bill from vendor saying that there is a discount on your purchase say effective from last 1 month.... and u need to affect the all received GRs?

- if this is the case then there is a standard functionality available in SAP for retrospective effect.... T-code MRNB.(revaluation on invoice)

is it your case is just changing the value of the material lets say wrongly putted in PO ?

in that case u can also use MRNB for effect on Material valuation.

regards,

SNB(sujit)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check wether there is sufficient stock of particular material. system only adjust amount in stock account if there is sufficient stock available.