SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register forecast extrapolation

smetraux
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking for better understanding how works the Function Module ISU_REGISTER_EXTRAPOLATION, could anyone help?

Do you know if I could find any documentation describing all the different possible use cases?

Thanks in advance.

Sébastien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said in my earlier statement you can see the base period category from display installation (Tcode ES32) transaction for an installation.

If your extrapolation start date as 16.05.2011 then:

1. If your base period category is maintained as 'Previous period' in installation, SAP will strat looking a meter reading from 15.05.2011 to 292 days in past from 15.05.2011. SAP will calculate internally the meter readings for 15.05.2011 and the date which is 292 days in past and will calculate the per day consumption of that period for extrapolation of the current period starting from 16.05.2011.

If there is not enough meter reading for 292 days in past, SAP will use the periodic consumption value maintained at register level.

2. If you choose the base period category as 'Period of previous year', SAP will start looking the meter reading of the same period but of previous year which is starting from 16.05.2010 to 292 days in past.

The rest is already explained in my earlier message.

Hope it will answer your queries.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main factor of extrapolation depends on the base period category option which is selected in the utility installation section. There are two options which are Previous period and period of previous year.

There is another factor which controls the extrapolation is the minimum portion in percent maintained at the register rate level.

For example,

if you have selected the base period category as 'period of previous year'

minimum portion in percent is selected as 80%

your period length in portion is 365 days,

Start of extrapolation day is 16-May-2011

SAP will start looking from 16-May-2010 and will try to get the meter reading for (365 * 0.8) = 292 days for extrapolation. SAP will now go 292 days in past from 16.05.2010 and will get the meter reading. If there is no meter reading on exact 292 days in past, SAP will take the earlier reading of that date. Also if there is no reading on 16.05.2010, SAP will internally calculate the reading by using the last and next meter read of 16.05.2010 using unitary method. After calculating the reading of 16.05.2010 and getting the reading of 292 days in past from 16.05.2010, SAP will calculate the per day consumption for that period using unitary method (which is total consumption/number of days). That will be used for extrapolating the current consumption. If you are currently extrapolating for 35 days, the per day consumption will be multiplied by 35 to get the consumption for the current period.

If ther is not enough meter reading 292 days in past from 16.05.2010, SAP will use the periodic consumption maintained at register level for extrapolation.

If you specify a small minimum percentage in register rate, meter readings from a short period will be used for the extrapolation.

If you enter 100% for the minimum percentage in the register rate, available readings will only be used if they cover a complete billing period.

Also if you choose the base period category as previous period, SAP will calculate in the same way as explained above but will look on the previous period (which is starting from 15.05.2011).

Hope it will help.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your very helpful answer!

Could you please just help me better understanding the difference between Base period category "Previous period" and "Period of previous year"?

Do you have an example?

Again, thanks a lot for your help!

Sébastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said in my earlier statement you can see the base period category from display installation (Tcode ES32) transaction for an installation.

If your extrapolation start date as 16.05.2011 then:

1. If your base period category is maintained as 'Previous period' in installation, SAP will strat looking a meter reading from 15.05.2011 to 292 days in past from 15.05.2011. SAP will calculate internally the meter readings for 15.05.2011 and the date which is 292 days in past and will calculate the per day consumption of that period for extrapolation of the current period starting from 16.05.2011.

If there is not enough meter reading for 292 days in past, SAP will use the periodic consumption value maintained at register level.

2. If you choose the base period category as 'Period of previous year', SAP will start looking the meter reading of the same period but of previous year which is starting from 16.05.2010 to 292 days in past.

The rest is already explained in my earlier message.

Hope it will answer your queries.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nirmalya!

0 Kudos

A last question:

Do you know how are considered the different:

- reading reasons (like 06 "Meter reading at move-in", 08 "Meter reading upon technical inst.", 18 "Reconnection meter reading", ..)

- and the reading results types (like 03 "Automatic estimation - SAP") ?

Kind regards,

Sébastien

smetraux
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'd like to get some more details on the reading reasons and reading results types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The responses are as below:

06 "Meter reading at move-in" - When you enters move-in through tcode EC50E, you need a meter reading against the installed device. This reading appears with '06' reason. If you install the device first and then creates the move-in on the same date, SAP automatically copies the same reading registered during device installation time as move-in meter read.

08 "Meter reading upon technical inst- When you execute technical installation throgh tcode EG33, you need to enter this type of meter reading.

18 "Reconnection meter reading - When you change a disconnection document and enter reconnection order and reconnection entry through tcode EC86, you can enter this type of meter reading.

Reading results types (like 03 "Automatic estimation - SAP"- If you enter your meter reading through tcode EL28 and click on the estimate button or estimate it by tcode EL30, SAP use this type of meter reading.

Hope it answers your queries.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Oups, sorry if my question wasn't clear enough, I'd like to understand how those reading reasons and reading types are considered inside the register forecast extrapolation procedure.

For example, is a reading reason 08 considered the same as a reading reason 01 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has given the control whether you will use the estimated reading and actual reading in extrapolation process.

Please see the configuration SPRO-SAP Utilities-Device Management-Meter Reading-Basic Settings-Define Control Parameters for Meter Reading Data Processing.

Here for the company code and division you can check the box 'Ignore Est' and 'Allow Est MRRs' depending on your requirement.

You can upload the meter reading by taking the reading from the device or you can estimate the meter reading for the above process. SAP will extrapolate the meter reading for the current period depending on the settings you maintained in the above path.

You can further use some customer exit like FM EXIT_SAPLELHR_003, EXIT_SAPLELHR_001if you want to add some extra logic during extrapolation.

Hope it will help.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Great, thanks a lot!!