cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Management Cycle Counting Method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am new to WM and would like to carry out Physical Inventory in Warehouse.

However if I use transaction like LI01N I have to create a Physical Inventory Document for the entire Bin.I want to create Physical Inventory Document only for few materials and not for the entire Bin.

In that scenario I have to use Cycle Couting method ie LX26 for certain materials however in that case n physical Inventory Doc is created.

Can anybody let me know regarding?

1.Is there any way that I do not use Cycle Counting method and still create Inv Doc not for Bin but for selected materials.

2.If I have to use cycle couting what steps I am missing,I have already set the cycle counting Indicator in material master but still when I execute LX26 and go to list and create Physical Inv Doc the system is not creating any document.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you can create the cycle counting for selected material using LX26. Proceed as below steps

(1) Use LX26 transaction code and enter following data in it.

I)Enter warehouse number

II) Enter material numbers

III) Enter inventory in period as current date and to date as future date. To date would be the date which is latter date of inventory due date of material. (You can enter this date as end of the physical year date)

IV) Enter count date as current date

V)Do not select active inventory list and stock put away as invent. Date

(2) After executing the transaction you will get new physical inventory date of entered materials

(3) Proceed for normal cycle counting

Thanks

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done all the steps as mentioned,however it is still not creating Inventory Document.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

so when you say you already did the below steps, then it means you added the indicator in the material master and the CC entry is also updated in the transation OMNK. So that's why when you execute the LX26, you see some entries.

In LX26, when you select the item and trying to click the Activate Documents, what does the log message says. It should say either open transfer order exists or bin blocked or anything.

Even you can try LICC to create inventory document by quant, if you have multiple quant in that bin.

2.If I have to use cycle couting what steps I am missing,I have already set the cycle counting Indicator in material master but still when I execute LX26 and go to list and create Physical Inv Doc the system is not creating any document.