cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during Sub-Contracting with PP02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

As we have develop sub-contracting process with control key - PP02 in routing but we are facing kind of problem during the time of different operations for external process.

For eg.

I have assigned two operations for sub-contracting in routing and the bom is prepared with four components. once the material is sent to vendor for subcontracting with Mov. type 541, than system will issue all the components assigned in bom. And when the process is finished it will inward as semi-finish assembly.

Now again i want the send same assembly for the second operation, but at the time of subcon PO creation it shows error like no components are assigned because it was already issued for the first operation.

Let me know, How could i proceed for second operation once the components are issued.

Regards,

Swapnil Vaidya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Mr Mario Adler told is right.Actually I have also tried to do subcontracting part with external operation way but it is not much fruitful.

Generally with PP02 control key external operation is only helpful for booking of cost of service which you take for performing certain operation and doing GR for that activity which results in EODL (External operation Delivered) and subsequently you can proceed another operation.

Regards,

Tejas

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, subcontracting via the external operation of a production order does not provide a good framework to manage the transfer of goods; this happens because in SAP a material between two operations of a routing is not a stock entity, nor any other kind of material ID.

The process of using an external operation in the routing suits best when the contractor is doing the work in your plant.

Fot a better control of materials in subcontracting use the other subcontracting scenario in purchasing. You may need to add levels in your BOM for that!

Regards,

Mario