cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control over stock transfer within plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PP Gurus,

I have a requirement where stock at production storage location (for raw materials) should be controlled.

i.e. production storage location should not store more than a specified quantity of raw materials. when doing stock transfer from main storage to production storage, if the quantity in production storage exceeds its max limit, system should issue an error message.Both storage locations are not warehouse managed.

Thanks

Sunanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, I don't think any such provision is available in standard SAP i.e. to give error when stock qty exceeds some value. However, you can use Kanban with replenishment strategy as Stock Transfer to control stock in production stor locn i.e. with Kanban you can replenish exactly required stock in prod stor locn and hence control stock in prod stor locn.

Also better you post this thread to Materilals Management forum then you may be able to get better response.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response,

I tried kanban with stock trasfer strategy. It works fine when doing 311 mov (stock transfer). It automatically changes its status from empty to full(i tried kanban in prod storage location). But when goods issue is done from prod storage location, i.e. 261 mov the kanban status does not change automatically to empty. That is why I had to quit the idea.

Thanks

Sunanth

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You look for a non standard logic on the transfer posting, therefore you need to look for a user exit. Try to get more details on the MM forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In fact, Kanban with Stock Transfer replenishment strategy itself meant for 311 movement only from main stores to prod stor locn. So it will not influence anyways 261 with Production Order. Bin status will be empty/full with 311 movement only.That is standard SAP behaviour.

What you can do is if you can includ barcoding with kanban then your work may be busy i.e. with barcode scanning you can smoothly do empty full activity of bin.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies,

We had tried the barcoding techniique. But different vendors supplies barcodes different no. of digits.

So it could not be made standard. Is there a technique by which I could maintain a maximum storage limit at storage location level (material master or somewhere else). I had seen a tab caaled storage bin in material master. But I could not understand much on that. Could I use warehouse management for production storage location only. If yes what are the basc configurations for that,

Thanks,

Sunanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, I would suggest rather you post this issue to MM & WM forums then you may get better solution since you are not comfortable with Kanban.

Also bin will not serve your purpose. Bin is particular storage area within storage location for easy searching of materials so that they can be readily picked & issued say you have ABC is storage location there you have identified different storage areas say X, Y, Z these storage areas are defiined as storage bin in SAP.So the material can be readily identified based on their bin x,y or z in Stor location ABC.

Hope you doubt about bin is cleared.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all helpful replies....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say....

production storage location should not store more than a specified quantity of raw materials

May I know where is this quantity specified ?