cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase info record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

for procurement of material "A" we have maintained alternate unit of measure in Material Master

i.e. 1 TS = 1000 Nos

but while creating a purchase order it shows 1 nos = 1000 TS which is wrong and accordingly SKU as well ,this conversion fetches from purchase info record (we allowed to update info record by checking in a check box while creating a PO)

please let me know the possibilities of wrong updation of info record..??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purchasing information record contains information on a specific material and a vendor supplying this material. It can contain data such as the vendoru2019s current price for the material.

When an info record is created, certain data is pulled from the material Master and vendor master records and inserted in the info record as default values.

So Check your Material master conversion in Alternate Unit of Measure option.

If you have corrected the material master after creating the inforecord, so do update the Inforecord accordingly.

Regards,

Nani.

Edited by: Nani on May 16, 2011 8:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

neither material master record changed from date of creation nor info record were updated manually....

but still it has got updated wrongly...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you really believe that the wrong value comes from heaven?

If nobody has entered a wrong value, then it can only have one reason, a bug in SAP program.

So you need to open a call at SAP, only they can analyze your system and can provide a bug fix.

(However, in my opinion the error is created by manual entries, maybe it is still wrong in your material master)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To maintain units for a material and to use it in procurement process,check the following steps:

1-In basic data 1 for that material, what i hope the base UOM is NOs then click on the button"Additional Data".Goto UOM tab.Put

1TS=1000 NOS i.e "1" in "X" column..."TS" in "AUN" column.... and "1000" in "Y" column.

Now go back to Basic Data 1.Now goto purchasing data....Put required plant...put Order unit=TS(AUM) and in "Variabl order unit" field...put 2(Active with own price).

Now save.

Hope this will solve your query.

Thanks & Regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bijay ,

Whatever steps you've just said are correct and we do follow this... but my question is regrading info record updation with wrong data...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then remove that info record from PO or make flag for deletion through ME12 while doing such type of transaction.

thanks & Regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

But question remains same...

and there are almost 10-15 cases for different material... its not feasible solution to go for deletion for each record,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Po that info records are updated because of the tick mark on "Info Update" in material data.so if you don't want to tick on Info Update then suppress that field:

IMG->Materials Management->Purchasing->Conditions->Define Condition Control at Plant Level.

For the particular plant for which you don't want an info update..just put"-"(No plant-related conditions allowed) in the field "conditions at Plant level".

Thanks & regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i wish the info record should get automatically updated but not wrongly ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... then check which record get populated for that Po and then change that info record accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Bijay Pradhan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to correct any wrong info record manually. There is no autop update from material master if the material master was changed/corrected after the info record extisted.