cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP and Fixed Pegging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Although, I posted some other Avatars of this question before. Sans any re-assurance I am posting again

The option for "consider Pegging" in ATP check control has 4 values.

- Neither Manually not Automatically fixed Pegging

-Only manually fixed pegging

-Only Automatically fixed pegging

-Manually and Automatically fixed pegging

All I understand is each of these options may result in different cumulative ATP quantity and a check against ATP quantity will have according result with quantities fixed pegged to a sales order or delivery or any other requirement doc is "definately" reducing the ATP quantity available.

Context: We have fixed pegging activated and this is what SAP says

When you use fixed pegging, the assignment of a sales order item to a receipt element remains stable. Moreover, the component assignments can be kept stable over multiple levels. In other words, components that are assigned to an order via fixed pegging cannot be consumed by other, competing orders. This means that it is easier to keep the confirmation date that you have given to your customer

Can you re-assurance what it means to confirm a sales order with ATP check when fixed pegging, keeps getting refreshed everyday.

Intuitively, there are no straight answers. But

- Does it mean that strong business case exists for running BOP

- Does it mean that I should NOT consider checking horizon because fixed pegging is far out in future

- Does it mean that if demand nodes pegging to receipts are different to the plants where I am checking the requirement (ATP), the check control can consider pegging across network to make ATP quantity more sacrosanct.

-Does it mean I am safer using the option "Neither Manually not Automatically fixed Pegging" in check control

-Does it mean that I cannot really ascertain the stability(a word that SAP uses) of confirmation without simulation with each of the options for considering pegging.

Make these assumptions

- We are make to stock

-We work in large lead time (fulfillment) environments

-Customer expect a reasonbly reliable delivery date intially confirmed with ATP check

-No checking horizon is used currently...consider checking horizon = no

-We run CTM that establishes pegging.

Any other assumptions,, you are free to make

Regards,

Loknath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No replies !