Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing SAP Screens for all Screen Resolutions

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I want to know if we can develop SAP Screens for better display across all screen resolutions, just like a web designer does for developing websites across all resolutions.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dude,

SAP screen are developed in such a way to fit for any type of Screen resolution.

The only thing you need to do is especially in BDC recording u need to Check the Checkbox "Default Size" checked (by default it is Checked). If you uncheck it and record the Transaction the you will find a difference in screen resolution depends on ur PC.

But by default all SAP screens are default sized. and can be run in any type of screen resolution.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargav.

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not say anything about BDC and all.

The screen elements align themselves differently for different screen resolutions.

I just wanna know if there is a way like in WEB DESIGNING,to make the screen look uniformly across all screen resolutions.

0 Kudos

Hi KAPMSD,

Plz be specific, with the term "SAP Screens".

Is your screen

Report ..

Module Pool or Web Dynpro or BSP or what..

there are layouts, container objects & etc, which'll help you customize your screen elements.

Does this help you?

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Screens ,I am referring to the ones that are in module pool or the ones I create in the report program (apart from the default 1000 screen).

For your better understanding,I have a 9000 screen having a tab strip control aligned exactly in the middle of my screen with resolution 1280*1024.

If I view that in a screen resolution say 1024*768,the tab strip won't be aligned in the middle.

I want my screen to be uniform across all resolutions.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Short answer. No.

Long answer. Maybe. There are a couple of system variables containing the actual size of the SAPGui window. Resize generates a PAI event with OKCODE = space. You could use this to display a different screen according to the size of the window being displayed. But the kind of fine-tuning your talking about - no.

matt