cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving MC_S033 - Deletion program as test run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We're planning to start archiving the object : MC_S033.

Do you know what is the purpose of this variant : "Deletion program as test run" ? As I am not sure what will be the impact of selecting or not selecting this check box.

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

The "Deletion progarm as test run" is appear when in the "Write Job program". Does it meant if I select this "Deletion program as test run" when I scheduling the Write Job, then end up the Deletion Job will be running in a Test Mode ?

Besides, when scheduling for deletion jobs, there is no option for me to select either test or productive..

Best regards,

Ken

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you schedule your deletion program thru transaction SARA for object MC_S033 by click the big button for deletion, then in the first screen is a box for test mode. if thsi box is empty, then you run deletion in production mode.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any archving program has at least 2 main steps: writing and deleting

Both steps can be tested, speak executed as test run.

If you do a write job as test run, then SA'P checks if a record can be archived or not, but it does not write an archive.

In a deletion run SAP reads the archive and compares its values with the tables from where the data was archived and finally it deletes the data from the tables if the check was okay.

Without an archive it is hard to test a deletion run.

So you have to do your tests in several steps: you first run the write program as test run.

you then check spool file and logs, and if you are okay then you execute the write job as productive run.

Then you execute the deltion job as a test run, check again the spool file and the log, and if okay you run the deletion as productive run.