cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a script for Notification and Processing of document status change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I work for a company that uses SAP. I'm not sure how much of what goes on in our company is company-specific, and how much of it would be understandable by anyone who uses SAP as this is the first company I've worked with that uses SAP.

I'll explain my issue.

See this picture: http://imagesi.com/8e08d.png

I would like to write a script, if it is possible, that will automatically notify me when the Document named "Credit memo Request" has changed to the status of "Completed." I would like to set this up in a way to possibly scan all credit memo requests raised by my SAP username, and monitor this on an hourly basis. I would also like SAP to then send me a copy of that Completed document.

Is this possible? I know a little bit about scripting, and I would be able, I think, to learn whatever language I had to to write this on my own, but first I wanted to ask if this was possible to do.

Thanks very much,

Brian

Edited by: lordterrin on May 16, 2011 4:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you didn't post your question to the right forum... you won't be able to solve your problem with any scripting language.

To solve your problem you'll certaily have to use the SAP Business Workflow and/or write some ABAP program to implement some user-exit or badis.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok cool. To be honest, I am very new to this whole thing. I had scripting experience and I thought to myself that it was stupid to waste so much time checking all these different numbers each day when I could write something that would do it for me.

I will look for a more appropriate forum to post this in.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.