cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating Credit Card file upload process into SAP (PRCC Transaction)

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I am integration consultant with very less knowledge in Finance. I have developed SAP PI interfaces of Credit Cards. The flow is Bank will provide the data to SAP PI. PI will create the output file in SAP acceptable format. Once file is created end user will manually upload this file into SAP ECC using PRCC transaction.

Now client is asking us to automate the manual file upload process into SAP ECC. I have few questions on thisu2026

1. Is this a SAP best practise?

2. Did anyone do this in their projects? If yes can you please let me know the procedure?

3. I heard that automating this process will create more/new issues. As there will not be any test run option in automation. Is this true?

Request your inputs, any notes or related docs/threads. Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

Phani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Can you please provide me information on SAP PI interfaces of Credit Cards.

I'm trying to develop one - I have no knowledge on PI.

Please guide me to develop SAP PI interfaces of Credit Cards.

Tnx.

Best regards.

phanikumar_akella
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can you please let me know what are the tables getting updated in SAP when I use PRCC tcode to update Credit Card file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Automation is the preferred approach for all processes, as it reduces manual intervention, and since this file contains Credit Card data (which, by definition, is extremely sensitive) it should be Best Practices not only as per SAP but as for SOX compliance reasons as well.

2. Are you asking for the procedure for automation? Isn't that what a batch job is for, unless you are using a third party automation solution (like Redwood, TWS, etc.)?

3. Please read the F1 help on the "File is not local" checkbox. SAP clearly states

Data files should always first be imported in a test run. This allows you to study the error list and adjust settings before running the report in the productive mode. This is important because data files can be imported only once.

It is always recommended to have a test mode to let users anlyze errors, if any, in the file, and be able to correct them before they actually occur. Of course, not all errors are possibly reported in the test mode - see the program documentation for more details.

BTW, why do you say that there will not be a "test mode" option in automation? This program has a check box "Test run (no data transfer)" - simply select that checkbox in your variant. However, that would mean that you'll have to put a process in place to ensure that the Update run is carried out ONLY AFTER the Test run is carried out and all reported errors have been dealt with. That process will have to worked out, along with the concerned Business user community.

Rgds

Gulshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done Credit Card file upload process However, it was not uploaded via PRCC. We had a customized program to upload.

As for your questions:

1) I am not sure. However, I do not see any control issue in implementing this. We had our system integrated with the HR hierarchy where expenses had to be approved as per the HR hierarchy.

2) We did not do it using PRCC. I am not sure why we did not use this as when I joined it was already half way done.

3) We had the upload process scheduled (so that it uploads automatically). We had quite a few issue but not specific to automatic it self.

Rgds

Nadini