Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

NWDI question

Dear all;

Im starting to play a little with NWDI, today I managed to install it on my computer, my goal is to modify an iview with NWDS but Im still stuck with the track process.

I create a new track and created 1 runtime system (DEV), in this track I added SAP_ESS component, everything ok, but when

I go to "Transport studio" I dont see this track in the dev tab, but in the assembly tab with status "waiting for assembly".

I actually dont know exactly where the track should be, nor what is the next step, I have been reading doc. like crazy but couldnt find a document explaing the process in detail.

Would you help me to understand the picture, what are the next steps to take this track to the NWSE?

Thank you a lot!

I am assuming that you are creating the track to modify the ESS-MSS applications

You will need

1. SCA files for ESS MSS content, these scas will have source as well as deployables as SAP provides the source for ESS-MSS.

2. You will need scas for dependencies, as I explained earlier and it's mentioned in the XSS guide as well

Refer to

To understand what should be the correct version depending on your Portal Version and backen version.

You can download the scas from Service Market place if you have got an ID with proper authorizations

1 login to

2. Navigate to Software downloads->Support Packages and patches->

3. Search for Support Packages and Patches

4. For ESS search for SAP ESS

Select the relevant SP level to download.

For dependencies you will have to similarly search for the scas depending on your portal SP.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question