cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection via OCI - how to transfer fields from SRM to Catalog Plattform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in SRM 7.0 CS, i am facing a number of questions with respect to external catalog plattform.

We are currently configuring the usage of an external catalog plattform via OCI. We would start with our EBP Shopping cart and than punch out to the external catalog plattform. The catalog plattform provided has requested me to customize my SRM in a was, that the information about Language and about Country is sent to the catalog plattform.

From what i could understand from the OCI documentation, i would need to maintain this at the "Call Structure" of the respective Web Service ID (Catalog Plattform).

1. For the transmission of the Language information, is it correct to assume that i need to enter "SY-LANGU" in the field "Parameter Value" and than also select "SAP Field" as the "Type? Would this customizing mean that the language of the respective user, who is running the EBP shopping cart, is transmitted to the catalog plattform?

2. For the transmission of the Country information, what/which "Paramter Value" do i need to select? Once i have maintained it, what country information will be transmitted? The country of the end user, or of the plant, or...?

3. As per the OCI documentation, in case of the paramter value of type "SAP Field", it is possible to transfer all the globally available fields at runtme from the SRM Server via the OCI. How can i find out, which all globally available fields are there, that can be used?

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. For the transmission of the Language information, is it correct to assume that i need to enter "SY-LANGU" in the field "Parameter Value" and than also select "SAP Field" as the "Type? Would this customizing mean that the language of the respective user, who is running the EBP shopping cart, is transmitted to the catalog plattform?

>Yes.

2. For the transmission of the Country information, what/which "Paramter Value" do i need to select? Once i have maintained it, what country information will be transmitted? The country of the end user, or of the plant, or...?

> It depends on how external catalog handle the value. You should ask it to the external supplier.

> Probably you need to implement BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH BADI for it. or Just fixed value like US.

3. As per the OCI documentation, in case of the paramter value of type "SAP Field", it is possible to transfer all the globally available fields at runtme from the SRM Server via the OCI. How can i find out, which all globally available fields are there, that can be used?

> Please check the structure SYST in SE11.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Masa!

Answers (0)