cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repetitive in Make to Order...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I was wondering whether we can use REM in Make to Order Environment... In OSPT, I checked the Make t stock and continue making the profile but when I created a Sales Order, there was no order been created in MD04....

So, Pls clarify and I had a word on this with one of a recruiter, he said REM cannot be processed for M2O.

Please help me clarify this issue because I have searched this online but couldn't get myself clear, so pls help me..

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Thanks so much for your replies but I still can't understand...

REM works on consistent planning, like we create a planning in MFBF to manufacture 1000 PC every month, but in M2O, Order's can never be consistent, for example we got an order for 1200 PC this month , 800 Pc next month but shall not get any order after it... so how can REM work in M2O...

Is there any link with Planning with Final assembly Strategy in REM??

Regards & Many Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Orders can never be consistent

Never? You probably want to re-think that statement. Depends on the marketplace, doesn't it?

If you think MTO with Repetitive is inconsistent with your business requirements, then don't use it.

Check out online help for Repetitive strategy info, starting here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/41/191f1345fd11d188ff0000e8322f96/frameset.htm

Generic help on strategies here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/60/9ea1536fbd11d191820000e8a5f6e6/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

Yes you are right but I want to know, if in case we don't receives an order for a month, then how system will respond (What type of error), or something else will happen..???

Regards and Many thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

??? Error? From the customer not entering an order? Surely this doesn't even sound plausible, does it?

You seem to be confusing 'supply' with 'demand'. Demand, such as sales orders, is managed with demand management. This is controlled through the planning strategy in the material master. This is where you decide if you will create a demand forecast, and if so, when/how you will have consumption and reduction of the demand forecast.

There are several planning strategies that are appropriate for repetitive, or you can elect not to use any planning strategy. Read the SAP online help sections about Generic strategies, that I cited earlier.

we create a planning in MFBF to manufacture 1000 PC every month,

???? MFBF is backflush. Backflush is execution, not planning. In MFBF, you execute the supply plan. MFBF is not directly related to the demand plan.

Certainly, no supply plan or demand plan will generate an error if the customers don't enter an order. Assuming you run MRP, MRP will always generate messages when the supply exceeds the demand.

In retrospect, I don't think you have really made a legitimate effort to find out these answers for yourself, as required by the rules of engagement. I suggest you fully familiarize yourself by reading SAP online help about repetitive before you ask any more questions. I am closing my responses to this thread.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/8a/a5a3b54adc11d189740000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

MTO scenarios can be used REM processes.

Planning strategy maintained in the material master determines whether a scenario is MTO / MTS.

You can define several planning strategies (MTO/MTS) in REM.

Pavan

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

You can use Repetitive Manufacturing in a make-to-order production environment. For each sales order item, the system creates one or several planned orders which directly reference the sales order item. The material is manufactured on the basis of the planned orders. Production is therefore triggered via sales orders.

please check the below link for more detail:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ae/78c539c54c11d1a68c0000e83235d4/content.htm

Hopes it helps. Please revert back

Alok