cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCD content of Netweaver 7.0 available in Netweaver 7.3

0 Kudos

HI ,

We have implemented portal application in Netweaver 7.0 using AppIntegrator iviews to send the logon user to application using url template.

Now customers are upgrading to Netweaver 7.3, as Netweaver 7.3 doesn't support PAR component i have to migrate par to ear using par migration tool and deploy.

But when i check iViews in Netweaver 7.3, i don't see any java iviews or related iviews available at iview template?

how does Iview remote source will be helpful for my scenario?

How do i support appintegrator iviews in Netweaver 7.3?

Is there any way we can copy the PCD content of Netweaver 7.0 directly to Netweaver 7.3 ?

Or this is possible only using FPN?

Appreciate your help!!!

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Do not worry about App Integrator, it is still a preferred way of integrating any HTTP-based Web application. I do not know what type of application you are integrating, thus at first you may check [Creating iViews Based on Remote Content|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4b/8d080d231e2b5fe10000000a42189c/frameset.htm]. If it does not suit your needs, you can implement your own [integrator component|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/cd18de31f22221e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm].

Best regards,

Alexander Zhukau

0 Kudos

HI Alexander,

Thanks for your quick response.

Application is developed in java/J2ee and depoyed in AS java. This application can be launched on web browser and authenticates using SPNego Kerberos SSO.

We support this application in Netweaver portal 7.0 using AppIntegrator Iview with url configured, here we don't use any login module and uses ABAP/LDAP UME SSO .

Now the above scenario needs to support in Netweaver 7.3 where i don't see any supported Iviews.

Iveiws based on Remote content doesn't help us as i m using portal component Iviews and Iviews template doesn't have any supported Iviews for my scenario.

Please suggest me how AppIntegrator Iview will be available in Netweaver 7.3 with less effort ?

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

Just create an iView directly from com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.Generic component:

1. Locate Generic component under the path: Portal Content > Portal Applications > com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap

2. Copy and Paste as PCD object

3. Define url parameters

Best regards,

Alexander Zhukau

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

It is a worhty answer.

I tried in CE 7.1 it works , once i m done with the same steps on Netweaver 7.3 i will mark as answered.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Ravi.

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Sorry for my late respose.

I have configuured AppIntegrator Generic Iview with the suggested steps in SAP Netweaver 7.3 portal.

Interesting part now is the request parameters that are tagged to the url are not getting passed to the application.

I have checked in HTTP Watch, parameters tagged to the URL but my application is displaying them as null values.

I tried with HTTP : GET and even POST, nothing works.

I even tried with URL Iview by providing URL Parameters , the same issue happened .

Is this issue with SAP Netweaver 7.3 portal setting or any IE browser or am i missing something?

I m sure that issue is not with application, it is running fine in SAP Netweaver 7.0 portal.

Appreciate Your Help!!!

Regards,

Ravi.

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Please ignore my previous question, the parameters are not passed due to secutiy issue.

It is working fine now.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

How do you use Application Integrator in 7.3 with a system definition? In the past, we could do this easily to streamline iviews with the same server/host. I cannot figure out how to do this in 7.3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.