cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment number Length Restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PM Gurus,

please help me to restrict the External Equipment number length. Based on Client business we went for External Number range and length was decided as "8" chars. while creating the equipment, if user enters 7 or 10chars system should not allow the equipment number. How i can restrict this one ? is there any user exits ? if any one have idea about on this please suggest me.

thanks & regards

JALU

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maheshwaran,

I checked my configuration settings that one same as you said, but system accepting same as before i mentioned. why i am not getting error? is there any other problem. I given number range alphanumeric upto 8chars, still system accepts even 7 also and 10also how i can control it. please help me Mr. Maheshwaran. i am waiting for your reply.

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will not be able to restrict the length of an external number where alphanumeric charachters are defined. The entered number is compared alphabetically with the lower and upper limit u2013 here length is not relevant. If you need alphanumeric numbers then use exit IEQM0003 to prevent update where user does not enter the exact defined length.

Alternatively define a external number range with numerics only. A range 10000000 to 10099999 will always have a length of 8 charachters.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenivas,

I am trying as per your suggestion but still its proposing minimum and maximum length of the equipment number. please tell me is there any other configuration settings? which i missed out in settings. or else suggest me any other good solution.

thanks

Jalu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OIEN, you have to define the External Number Range with 8 Characters. While inserting new number range, there will be 2 rows. First one is for Internal & 2nd row is for External number range.

Give the input (type) as 8 Alpha Numeric or Numeric values.

If you defined Alpha Numeric number range, in Equipment Category definition, for the required Equipment Category, No Alpha Numeric check box should not be ticked.

Check these conditions.

If you give the number with more or less characters, it will give you error message as Equipment number AAAA123 not in external number interval.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would have still defined the external number range using T Code OIEN and have defined number of characters while maintaining the interval.

Thanks/Regards

Sreenivas