cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue during WRITE_BACK_INIT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using WRITE_BACK_INIT method to write back data from application to other application within the same APPSET.But it raises an Exception and no data is written back.Can anyone help on this please.

Thanks

praba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi praba,

Why wouldn't you use *DESTINATION_APP for that purpose?

Regards ,

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

Thanks for your prompt reply. You suggested to use 'DESTINATION_APP'. My doubt is should we pass this parameter DESTINATION_APP in Script Logic?. If so can you give me some suggestions regarding it ?

Thanks

praba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabakar,

As Gersh said you can use *DESTINATION_APP, given below is the sample syntax:

///*DESTINATION_APP logic from HR (Source Application) to FINANCE (Destination Application)

*XDIM_MEMBERSET TIME = 2011.JAN

*XDIM_MEMBERSET CATEGORY=ACTUAL

*XDIM_MEMBERSET P_DATASRC=UPLOAD

*XDIM_MEMBERSET RPTCURRENCY=USD

*DESTINATION_APP=FINANCE

*SKIP_DIM= DIMENSION_X, DIMENSION_Y,.... ETC (Dimension available in Source Application, but not in Destination Application)

*ADD_DIM DIMENSION_1=DIM MEMBER, DIMENSION_2=DIM MEMBER...ETC

(Dimensions available in Destination Application but not in Source Application, you need to pass some values, if requred, create some dummy dimension members.

*WHEN CATEGORY

*IS "PLAN"

*REC(CATEGORY="PLAN")

*ENDWHEN

for further reading...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bpc75_nw/helpdata/en/bpc_nw_index.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e025fa8d-1c22-2e10-cd9f-c488c7eea...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i execute WRITE_BACK_INT it throws exception like 'ERROR RUNNING DEFAULT LOGIC()'.My doubt is do we need to maintain scripts in DEFAULT.LGF for our appllication in BPCADMIN which causes this exception or is there any other reason guys.

Your valuable suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

praba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praba,

Where are you calling your logic? If you are trying to run the logic from DM package, yes you need to give your logic file reference in DEFAULT.LGF

*INCLUDE XXXXXX.LGF ( is the sysntax , XXXXX.LGF is your logic file)

Include the line below in your Default Logic and save and validate

*INCLUDE WRITE_BACK_INT .LGF (Assuming your logic file name is "WRITE_BACK_INT .LGF")

save and validate DEFAULT.LGF

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rushendra,

Currently i didnt pass anything in 'DEFAULT.LGF'.So as per your suggestion i will add the script and i will check and tell you.Many thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks

praba

Answers (0)