Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Internal Server Error

former_member215786
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

I have the following requirement and I want know if this is posible :

The enduser want that the system when the portal display the screen "500 Internal Server Error", can show other window with an information more friendly to the enduser.

For example, the system show the following information:

Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator.

[Hide]

Error Summary

While processing the current request, an exception occured which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

If the information contained on this page doesn't help you to find and correct the cause of the problem, please contact your system administrator. To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page. Hint: Most browsers allow to select all content, copy it and then paste it into an empty document (e.g. email or simple text file)

And this not is very friendly for an enduser.

Is posible change this?

Regards

Carmen G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion this should be handled better by SAP themselves. They seem to have a very rough exception handling. I hope they do something about this in the future. It seems like a waste to have all customers write their own exception handling. Our customers complain about the same thing, but we do not want to have to change SAP standard for this reason. Changing standard just creates hazzle during patching/upgrades etc.

I have seen threads in the forum stating this is not possible. But surely it should be possible to catch where an operation goes wrong?

/Kirsten

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

right now, for 500 internal error there is no proper expcetion handling cause the error can occur at various levels

if it is at application level the correct error in frontend is shown and sometimes the dump is available in St22 too, unfortunately there is no proper handling of it, Your option is default trace!

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carmen,

You might want to try adding the following code or the like to the web.xml file:

-<error-page>

<error-code>500<error-code>

<location>/Error_Pages/nameofyourcustomerrorpage.html</location>

</error-page>

There also is a bit of information in the SAP help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/9a/e74d426332bd30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f8/66e8f313b2457daba4c4fe49d88a75/frameset.htm

best regards, Lukas