cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle Couting in WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am trying to do setup for Cycle Counting Inventory in WM.

I was going through SAP Docs and the setup of cycle counting required following steps.

u201CBefore implementing cycle counting, you must make the following changes to your system:

1. See the section on u201CCycle Countingu201D under Physical Inventory in the Inventory Management IMG documentation to define the cycle counting indicators (material classes) and the number of times per year that inventory counts are to be taken for each material class.

2. Enter the cycle counting indicator (for example, A, B or C) into the u201CStorageu201D view of the material master record for each material that will be counted using the cycle counting task.

3. Under the path Activities _ Inventory _ Define types per storage type section of the Warehouse Management IMG, change the Inventory data field to CC (cycle counting) for the storage types where cycle counting is to be implemented.u201D

I have done step and step 2 and the Indicator is set in material master

However I am not able to step 3 as CC indicator is not available in the customizing option.

The available options are blank,PZ, and ST.

I was executing LS26 and as a result nothing is happening.

Can you suggest any solution for this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check again in IMG> Logistics Execution>Warehouse Management>Activities>Physical Inventory> Define Types per Storage types

I am not a system rightnow, but I am pretty certain it is there. If I remember right, the it is a box that need to be activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

As indicated by you I have already checked the box for Cycle Counting.

However what I understand from SAP Documents is we ned to define value CC for Inventory method which I am not able to find.

I have tried selecting all the available options like PZ and ST but cycle couting document is not getting created.

Can you let me know what could be the possible reason?

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the value for CC inventory is probably the percentage for A, B, C and D which you setup in the inventory managment customizing.

There is nowhere a field where you can enter "CC".

You should just enter a standard other method, like ST or PZ which is used for all materials, that do not have a CC indicator in material maser but need to be counted once a year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I completely agree with you but then any reasons why the document is not getting created in LX26.

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what from and to date did you enter in the selection screen.

are you certain that there are items in this bin that should be counted in this specified period?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Your suggestion was correct,I changed the dates and it worked.

Thanks

Answers (0)