cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order & OKB9 Settings

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here we want to book an expense in the Sales Order for some internal control purpose. For that expense booking, a cost centre is also to be defaulted by the system. In our case CO-PA is not active.

As I understand, Sales Order is a cost object. The cost centre that will be put for this expense item is also a cost object.

I plan to set OKB9 settings for cost centre for this cost element plant wise.

I am confused which cost centre would be used by the system for this expense posting in the Sales order item ? From the Sales order or from the OKB9 settings.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I would like to know which transaction should be used to assign in a same Framework Order different Cost Centers within each invoice posting?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

we facing an issue with sales order cost objective vs OKB9 cost object.

For IC PO service material, we assigned account assignment category 4.Reasonis Service material was not showing on G\R account.

The G\L account 7898788, we assigned to Service Item (material type DIEN) , for G\Cost 7898788 cost element is assigned in OKB9. Combination business + order 3478787.

Now conflict with sales order cost objective vs OKB9 internal order cost object.

While posting intercompany IR posting system thronging below error messageu2026

Enter only one true account assignment

Message no. KI249

Diagnosis

You made assignments to several objects in CO (cost center, order, project etc.). 2 of these have been created as true objects.

System Response

You are allowed only one account assignment for each cost-relevant account

How to resolve this issue.. Do I make any config changes in the system to overcome this issue?

Or any sub account to assinment in VKOA config for internal orderu2026

Regards,

Adi

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

SYstem will not look up to OKB9 at all for any expense if you are specifying the sales order as CO Object

You need to manually enter both of them in your expense posting

br, Ajay M

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay..

Thanks. You said "if you are specifying SO as a cost object..". SO is a cost object by itself right ? is there any way where we can make it or not make it as a Cost object ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your requirement class settings must allow sales order as a cost object

1. Go to sale order, procurement tab

2. Check whats the req type

3. Go to OVZH and check whats the req class assigned to this req type

4. Go to OVZG and check whats the acount assignment cateory in req class

5. The account assignment catg shud have consumption posting field as E

Ajay

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay.

But normally SO is a cost object, right ? and in that case the cost centre in the Sales order will be the cost centre of the sales order, right ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not at all a good idea to use Cost Ctr in sales order because revenues only post statistically to cost centers

Normally SO is not a CO object... It is defined as CO Obj in MTO Scenario

br, Ajay M

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks.

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One more doubt Ajay. If the SO order is defined as a Cost object in MTO scenario, will the cost items in the SO capture the cost centre of the SO statistically or as you said, we have to enter it manually ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It wil be Stat

br, Ajay M

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

will it capture from the SO cost centre ?

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any input, please ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikitha,

I don't think in MTO scenario the costcenter will be debited with the cost line items in SO. Idea is that SO itself is the cost object here. The production order will be settled to the sales order. Sales order will be settled to COPA. Also it doesn't make any sense to debit the whole cost of production to a cost center even if it is production cost center.

One more point, one item cannot be posted to multiple cost objects as far as i understand the system.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Vimal

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

any input, please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikitha,

See OKB9m setting is used to maintain default Cost Center to a Cost element according to Profit Center or Business Area-Valution Class and plant. For question just speak with your clinet which department i.e. Cost Center is caputured the cost for that particular Cost Element. According to that you can maintain the cost centers in OKB9.

BR

Balaji Bhonsle.

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji..

Thanks for your input. I know the OKB9 settings for the cost elements. What I dont understand is in Sales Order, which cost centre will be defaulted for the Cost element i.e. cost centre where the Sales order is posted or Cost centre as per the OKB9 Settings ?