cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI HR Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to report on average service in years org unit wise, We already have an infoset which contains necessary data. The issue is based on the join the infoset has more than one record per employee.

So whats happening is an employee with two or three records say the service in years key figure holds value 5.

As there are more than one record in the infoset, I am getting incorrect result.

Say for example, empl 20045789 as three record with KF value 5, the result in the report I see as 15.

I tried different ways using the exception aggregations, still i am facing the issue. As i am new to this exception aggregation i think i am missing something.

I also created calculated KF, divided the service in years KF by number of employees/number of records, by doing this I am getting the individual/single value correct in the report but again the total is not correct. I tried using properities to set calculate result as 'SUMMATION' still not working.

SAY

EMPLOYEE Service in years

20045788 5

20045788 5

20045789 3

20045789 3

20045789 3

In the query I get it as

Org Unit Employee Service in years

100001 20045788 5

100001 20045789 3

overall result 3.8

55333 = 19 / 5 = 3.8

Experts Pls help me how to use the appropriate excep aggr or let me know if this can be solved in different way.

Regards,

Anand

Forgot to tell, Back end is BI 7.0 & front end BW 3.5.

Edited by: araj123 on May 15, 2011 8:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can anyone atleast tell me whether this is possible in SAP BW or not?

Regards,

Anand

Edited by: araj123 on May 18, 2011 11:23 PM

Guys, Pls let me know, if you need more information on this issue.

Edited by: araj123 on May 18, 2011 11:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think my issue can be solved using 'Total' option in exception aggregation. But unfortunately our system is not in BI 7.0 (front end).

Can anyone Pls tell me what is the equivalent of 'Total' in BW 3.5. I tried using the time of calculation as 'before aggregation' in calculated key figure, It says that option is obsolete.

If my requirement cannot be done using Exception aggregations, Is there any other way I can handle this?

Regards,

Anand.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you try with non-cumulative KF to solve your problem? It may help you. I am also not 100% sure on this. Discuss with your folks on this and let me know.......

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

Can you Pls explain me how to do this with Non Cumulative KF, I am totally new to this.

Sure, I will be exploring how to use Non Cum KF, But still it will be gr8, if you can share some of your ideas.

Thanks,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

I added the Non Cummulative KF in infocube, but 'The InfoSet does not support non-cumulative InfoCubes' this is the error message.

I think we cannot use the Non Cumm KF here. Any other ways of doing this report.

Regards,

Anand.