Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master IDoc Inbound With Internal Numbering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am wondering how to load IDocs for Material Master if Internal Numbering is set for a particular Material Type.

Actually it seems in our system that Internal and External Number has been set up for the Material Type. When I am in SAP Dialog creating the Material, and I do not enter a number, SAP automatically assigns a number. If I provide a External Number within the External Number Range, SAP takes that number and allows me to continue.

But when I load the IDoc for that Material Type, and I leave the Material Number blank, I get the error u201CNo material number transferredu201D.

I then entered a Material Number within the Internal Number Range and it worked to my surprise. I do not know why I was asked for the Material Number if in fact Internal Number is on along with External Number. I thought that if I do not supply a Material Number that SAP would simply assign one and I would have to go to table MARA using the Old Material Number to retrieve the Internal Number.

How can I load the Material Master IDocs if Internal Numbering is a option? I need help with this.

Thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Check note 707602.

--

V.V.Reddy

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member

Check note 707602.

--

V.V.Reddy

0 Kudos

Ok, this give me an idea of how I might be able to do this. I am actually using J3AMAT | /AFS/MATMAS05 to load Footwear and Apparel Materials. I am also using LSMW for the upload. With that in mind, do you know if I can call the Function u201CNUMBER_GET_NEXTu201D to get the next Internal Number, and then use that for the load? I am think that might fall in line with the technique suggested by the SAP Note.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, NUMBER_GET_NEXT is the right function module to call toget the next number in case of internal numbering into an IDOC.

0 Kudos

If you are working on ECC 6.0 and using Inbound Processing function module IDOC_INPUT_MATMAS01, then create Enhancement Implementation for below enhancement point in the code:

ENHANCEMENT-POINT IDOC_INPUT_MATMAS01_G1 SPOTS ES_SAPLMV02

Use below code to get and fill the new internal material number in the IDOC segment:

DATA: LT_MATNR TYPE TABLE OF BAPIMATINR,
      LS_MATNR TYPE BAPIMATINR,
      LS_OLD_MATNR TYPE BAPIMATINR,
      LS_E1MARAM TYPE E1MARAM,
      LS_MATL_TYPE TYPE MTART.

LOOP AT IDOC_DATA WHERE SEGNAM = 'E1MARAM'.
    LS_E1MARAM = IDOC_DATA-SDATA.
    LS_MATL_TYPE =  LS_E1MARAM-MTART.
  ENDLOOP.

IF LS_E1MARAM-MATNR IS INITIAL.

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_MATERIAL_GETINTNUMBER'
  EXPORTING
    MATERIAL_TYPE          = LS_MATL_TYPE
   INDUSTRY_SECTOR        = 'M'
   REQUIRED_NUMBERS       = 1
  TABLES
    MATERIAL_NUMBER        = LT_MATNR.
READ TABLE LT_MATNR INTO LS_MATNR INDEX 1.

LOOP AT IDOC_DATA WHERE SEGNAM = 'E1MARAM'.
    LS_E1MARAM = IDOC_DATA-SDATA.
    LS_E1MARAM-MATNR = LS_MATNR-MATERIAL.
    IDOC_DATA-SDATA = LS_E1MARAM.
    MODIFY IDOC_DATA INDEX SY-TABIX.
  ENDLOOP.

ENDIF.