cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Profiles based on sales order movement types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to config. serial number profiles based on specific movement types in sales order.

So as usual,i have created Serial number profile with Serial Procedures including MMSL.

I have assigned this procedure MMSL to Movement type group created by me.

And similarly i have also assgined this movementype group to specific movement type which i need to use.

But the system asks serial number for all movement types inspite of me speciifying specific movement types to be triggered..

Serial Number profile gets triggered for PGI of Replenishment Delivery created for a STO.

But i want it to be triggered for Sales Order movement types.

Sales order movement type 601 and STO movement type is 641. But the system triggers serial number profile for 641 also. But i have maintained movement type group entry only for 601.

Have anyone faced this situation. Could you pls help me?

Edited by: Dhilipan Nair on May 16, 2011 7:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you assign serial number profile to the material master, that it self it is acivated for all the movement types, but you can make manditery keying serial numbers for some movement type and not manditery for some movementypes based in which you assing Serial Procedures including (Ex: MMSL),

i.e In in the OIS2 (Define serial number profile) at the stock check field if you select 2 Inconsistences in stock data -> Error and assigned to movement type it will ask you key serial numbers, but if you assign No stock validation it will not ask.

Thanks

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

Thanks for ur suggestion.. But it was'nt working. That Stock check indicator is to check for inconsistencies in stock when assigning serial numbers and it does'nt affect triggering of serial number keying.

Could you pls suggest anyother way.

I found its possible in the foll. thread

But it is not working