cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Web Dynpro Context transfer & PDF Source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a simple ABAP Web Dynpro Application with one field each for Adobe and Data Selection Context. Also created an attribute PDF_SOURCE of type xstring in the context.

In the layout I created the input field from data_selection and created an Interactive Form with reference to the field on the Adobe context.

In the Input Field, created a method for Action --> On Enter, which will read the input field value and populate it on the field on the interactive form.

The application works as expected.

If I change the view to assign the pdfSource with the one from the WD context and then run the application, the value is not populated to the Interactive Form?

Any idea why is the attribute pdfSource when populated in the WD view (for form), does not populate the values to the form?

Thanks,

Anjali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this issue require to create a message in the Service marketplace?

Thanks,

Anjali

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

I did the same scenario as described by you. It is working perfectly fine for me. Can you please elaborate on the steps you have done.

Regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharadha,

Thank you for the response.

1. Have you create an attribute PDF_SOURCE of type xstring in the main node in the ABAP WD context.

2. Once this attribute is created, in the WD layout,

for the Interactive Form property "pdfSource" select the PDF_SOURCE node from WD context and assign. Generate the WD application and test, the value entered on the WD screen is not transferred to the Adobe form (even if the binding exist)

3. If you remove the pdfSource property value and test the application again, the value entered on WD screen is transferred to Adobe form.

BTW: Our system version is NW2004s, SP6

Please advise.

Thanks,

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you get a chance to try this out. I would like to see if the version is different and the issue still exists.

Thanks for your help.

Anjali