cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log out functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am just a beginner and I have one requirement. The requirement that i have is to provide for the logout functionality in the webdynpro application. One of the ways to achieve this that I saw on the internet is when you fire an exit plug and you get this message (something like this may not be exact ) - ' the window you're exiting is trying to close this browser and when you click on yes it closes the whole browser.

Now the concern or rather 2 questions are-

1. When I click on ' NO ' it blanks out the screen and the original view is nowhere to be seen anymore. You need to completely refresh the application.

2. Is there any way to log out the user to the main login screen. If yes then could someone please provide some tutorial for that or show me how to do it.

I have researched a lot on this but i was disappointed to find out nothing on these two above questions on the internet. Hoping to find a solution from the experts here.

Thanks.

The code that I am using is as follows :

DATA lo_YCTI_SELECTIONSHEET_ TYPE REF TO IG_YCTI_SELECTIONSHEET_ .
  lo_YCTI_SELECTIONSHEET_ =   wd_this->get_ycti_selectionsheet__ctr( ).

lo_ycti_selectionsheet_->fire_exit_plug_plg(
      close_window =  'X'                    " boolean
    ).

It will be really great if someone could help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please guys ..reply something .

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

Did you created exit_plug in outbound plug of window.!! check that., if not go to window -> outbound plugs -> create exit_plug type Exit.

if u want to close the window you can use this.,

if you want to just log out u can use inbound and out bound plugs and navigate to first view.

check this article for navigation., [Navigation in WDA|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/308ebfe9-a07a-2c10-e494-9849d50efc88?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you want to refresh all, just invalidate all nodes you are using and invisible if you dont want to display empty tables or

anything. .. sample code.

• Invalidating pack_mat table

DATA lo_nd_pack_mat TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node.

DATA lo_el_pack_mat TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element.

DATA ls_pack_mat TYPE wd_this->Element_pack_mat.

• navigate from <CONTEXT> to <PACK_MAT> via lead selection

lo_nd_pack_mat = wd_context->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_pack_mat ).

lo_nd_pack_mat->invalidate( ).

• To invisible all trays

DATA lo_el_context TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element.

DATA ls_context TYPE wd_this->Element_context.

DATA lv_visible TYPE wd_this->Element_context-visible.

• get element via lead selection

lo_el_context = wd_context->get_element( ).

• set single attribute

lo_el_context->set_attribute(

name = `VISIBLE`

value = '1' ).

2. To close the window.. follow this blog.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/CloseParentWindow-WDA

/people/mohammed.anzys/blog/2007/06/05/how-to-close-parent-window-in-webdynpro-applications

Cheers,

Kris.

Edited by: kissnas on May 16, 2011 6:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the navigation links. But I have already gone through these links. The navigation using exit plug i have already implemented. The problem i am facing in that is - its working fine when the user clicks on 'YES'. Its only giving a problem when the 'NO' button is clicked the screen just blanks out. Is it a system/patch level problem ???

Also could someone please answer the 2nd question - can the user be logged out to the original login screen ??

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

when you click on No then also the user is logged out of the applciation.

basically and applciation is closed.

the popup is only for the browser window.

whether you want to close the window also or not.

also there is method to design explicit response in SICF.

there you can write your own HTML to close the window.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/fc/04a5421935c511e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

also you can put one html file into application server and then call this using the URL parameter.

so when you will call the exit plug the page will be redirected to this html and there you can write the logic as required..

thanks

sarbjeet singh