Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file splitting and transform in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have two queries,

1) Is XI able to read in a file and split it into 2 new reformated files based on specific fields within the original file (ex: hours & earnings type)?

2) is it possible to set up a translation table in XI and access and use the table data in creating these files?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing. thanks

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

>>>>>>1) Is XI able to read in a file and split it into 2 new reformated files based on specific fields within the original file (ex: hours & earnings type)?

Yes, no problem. You can do that with BPM or without. Use a message mapping or a XSL stylesheet.

>>>>>>>>2) is it possible to set up a translation table in XI and access and use the table data in creating these files?

You mean a table in the ABAP stack? Yes, no problem. The easiest way is to use a ABAP mapping.

Regards,

Udo

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>

1) Is XI able to read in a file and split it into 2 new reformated files based on specific fields within the original file (ex: hours & earnings type)?</i>

>>>what does it mean within the original file. Anyway you can split the file into 2 or many based on fields and you can write 2 or many files from XI.

<i>2) is it possible to set up a translation table in XI and access and use the table data in creating these files?</i>

>>>If you want to lookup some tables to create a file , you can maitain the table in XI abap stack or you can create Java Tables. .

WHen you want to get the data from XI ABAP table, you need to lookup these tables with JCO connection.

Hope this helps if my understanding is correct,

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

We can do it splitting through BPM, fork , switch or some other method?

And we need tables, to store some data. When we are reading the files, then we need to take some inout from the tables based on the input of the files and replce it in output file.

thanks for your reply.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You are right. You can use BPM to split the messages.

But now it is not required to use BPM in all the cases. If you use BPM, then you can think of using fork step to process all splitted messages at one time i.e simultaneously.

For reference-

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

You can store the values in the table and you can retrieve it in the mapping so that you can send to target files.

Regards,

Moorthy