cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalization-Set Portal Theme dropdown list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I have Assigned a personalize role which consists of Portal Theme page.

I have to add a List of customized themes in the "Set Portal Theme dropdown list".

Currently only one theme is getting displyed (one which is currently assigned to the user).

Please provide me with the steps of how to achieve the same.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Disha,

Themes directly won't appear in the personalize drop-down. you've to explicitly add them to the current portal desktop only then themes would be available for the selection. This means, you have different desktop for different users, and if you have not added themes to different desktop as well then users who have this desktop assigned to them, would not see it as well.

Anyway, you can add the themes to desktop in following manner.

go to system admin --> portal desktop --> locate the default desktop (assuming you are use default desktop) --> open the desktop, then find the "themes" folder and right click on the theme you want to add to desktop and select "add to desktop" option. Now this newly added theme should appear in the personalize drop-down.

Ameya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

Thank you so much for your help.

The Issue is solved.

Regards,

Disha.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Good to know you resolved it. Pardon me for not being able to reply to your other queries.

All the best,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ameya,

I was trying the steps mention by you in the default desktop but we had maintained a different default destop for our portal so when i made changes to it, it worked.

Thank you so much for your reply and help.

Regards,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prashant and Ameya for your quick reply.

Dear Ameya...I tried the steps mentioned by you but only the default theme is getting displayed.

The scenario here is that there are 15 users.

I have assigned a customised theme to all of them.

The client wants a list of different themes to be displayed in the Dropdown list.

When the user selects a theme from the list of different themes in the dropdown, will the theme be assigned to the user automatically?? for example how it happens in Gmail, yahoo,etc.

If not then please guide me in the same.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks in Advance,

Disha.

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

You need to click on the Personalize link that's on the top right corner of the window, next to logoff link. If user doesn't see the Personalize link, assign eu_role to the user.

Follow the steps mentioned here

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/PersonalizationofPortal

Revert if you face any issues.

Thanks

Prashant

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

You can add multiple themes to the portal desktop. All those theme will be available in the Personalization dialog.

Thanks

Prashant