cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 restore using physical datafiles.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are facing a problem to restore BWQ's database using BWP's backup. We are using netbackup and this tool calls a script to perform backup daily. Db2 command looks like this in script "CMD_LINE="db2 BACKUP DATABASE $MY_DB2 ONLINE $MY_SCHED LOAD $MY_LIB OPEN 4 SESSIONS BUFFER 1024"".

However Netbackup only restore datafiles eg. /db2/BWQ/sapdata2/db2bwq/NODE0000/BWQ/T0000023/C0000004.LRG. It restored all BWP's physical files into BWQ's directory and we are not able to bring BWQ's database UP.

My problem here was, is it possible to restore BWQ using only those datafiles?? i've gone thru alot of sites & forum hence nothing was being helpful. Please let me know if this is possible?

I've started to worried with the way we are taking backup now. Need to figure out the proper way of taking backup after this.

Thanks,

Devan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't see any problem with your backup tool. But when you restore your production backup on quality system then you have to use db2 redirected restore method because of change in SID. Please check below link:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-0911sapdb2redirectedrestore/index.html

Thanks

Sunny

0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply and time. The link you've given is very helpful.

However my situation is abit different. One of my BI consultant was accidently deleted some important financial data in BWP. So we planned to use BWP's 1day before the deletion date's backup and restore into BWQ to get the deleted data back. Problem started here when we did the restore using Netbackup to restore, Netbackup only restore all the physical files into /sapdata1, /sapdata2, /sapdata3 and /log_dir.

This is my problem, as i asked before, can we rebuild the database in BWQ using this flat physical files?

Hope i've clearly mentioned my problem.

Thanks and hope to hear from you

Regards,

Devan

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check SAP note 91976.

Thanks

Sunny