cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods in Transit from Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is some process in sap, where we can enter vendor invoice in the system before actual material received. In this trasaction inventory comes in goods in transit from vendor. And when we actually posting goods receipt material comes from goods in transit from vendor to actual stock.

Can anybody throw some light on this process.

Ishu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the concept of Inbound Delivery to track the Stock in Transit from Vendor.

Click on following links;

[Create Inbound Delivery|http://www.freesaptutorial.com/create-inbound-delivery-in-sap-mm-module/]

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another possibility would be to use confirmation, this way you are still able to post GR against the PO.

When using the inbound delivery then the GR needs to be posted against the inbound delivery number.

The preference for using would be the inbound delivery but just offering a 2nd option.

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ishu,

I am not sure I understand the requirement. From my experience the companies treat the balance on the GR/IR account (resulting from the invoice before GR) exactly as stock in transit. So you don't have to do an early GR.

However, if you do want to do post GR before the goods actually arrive to your factory (because there's e.g. requirement to see the SIT by material or in the normal stock reports), then you have the following two options:

1. Post first GR to a special storage location "in transit from vendor" and then post mvt 311 to the real storage loc. when the goods actually arrive.

2. Mark the flag "origin accept" in the "delivery" tab of the PO. Then post the first GR with mvt 107 to "valuated GR stock" and re-post it to normal stock later using mvt 109.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ishu,

I'm not sure it's going to work for vendor stock but

try flag the po as a good receipt not valuated, and un-flag the iv based gr.

good luck

kate