cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return: credit memo Should generate automatically with goods reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR SD GURUS N EXPERTS,

Currently we are using following system of Sales return.

VA01: (Order Type: RE) --> VL01N (Return Delivery) --> VL09 (Goods Reversal) --> VA01 (Request 4 Credit Memo or remove billing bloc) --> VF01 (Credit Memo)

But, now my client want a such configuration that entry of Credit memo should happen along with Goods Reversal (VL09) - Automatically. They don't want to carry out VF01 separately.

Reason behind it: Customers has credit Limit, Suppose a customer has a Credit limit of 5,00,000 and we have delivered the Material of same amount. It means all the credit limit has been used. But now He has returned the material of 2,00,000. But it will not affect the credit limit until we pass Credit memo.

Please suggest the required configuration and what we can do in such scenario. Thanks in Advance.

DSC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont know why you were reversing the goods receipt. Normally, the manufacturer would take the rejected goods in which case, a return delivery would be generated. In some cases, manufacturer would agree to give credit without taking back the rejected goods in which case, sale order billing (credit note) would be generated.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir (Lakshmipathi),

Thanks for your reply. In our case we take the rejected material back from the customer and to update the stock it is mandatory to create a return delivery (With the returned qty.) and we also give the credit to the customer.

But my requirement is that instead of carrying out a separate transaction of VF01 and we we want to create Credit memo along with delivery return.

Is there any configuration for this. Please help.

DSC

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again I can tell you that the process what you were following (reversing the goods receipt) is totally wrong and it will have a serious negative impact on inventory. Either you should not create a return delivery or take the stocks into parent plant. If you dont want to show in inventory, then scrap it which is a standard process.

Coming to the requirement, there is no standard way to achieve this. Check these threads where the same topic was discussed

[Re: How to set up in SAP to have automatic billing after PGI |]

[automatic billing|]

You have to apply the same logic for credit note also.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir (Lakshmipathi),

Thank for the links provide by you.

I have checked these link and find two options:

1. Via Variant of Program RV56ABST

2. Via VF06 (Creating background jobs for billing)

But both options are irrelevant for us. Becuase we want - AS USER SAVE THE PGI Docuement, System should generate the Billing automatically in back ground. (Only for Customer Return Documents)

I am unable to understand that How these options will work, Option -1 Work on Shipping type. But in During Order Creation we are using Shipping Point and Shipping Plant.

Option-2: Whether we have to configure this program every time. If not than how it will execute after every Sales Return PGI.

Please explain me. I will be thankful for you.

DSC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir (Lakshmipathi),

Thanks for your help. I have did it in another way. Configure the VF06 for Sales Return and scheduled it on daily basis as background Job.

It is Working Fine.

Again thanks for your help. Points has been assigned.

DSC