cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rough Goods Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any transaction code to use Rough Goods Receipt?

I have to get the goods from customer, for jobwork can i do inbound delivery first and shall i do Rough GR. later on for production i shall issue Batch wise??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are receiving the material for Jobwork and process the same in the Plant to produce final product then there will be no accounting entries generated in your plant.Only qty will be updated not value.

you will receive the material(Raw Materials-Components as per SAP) in zero value,process the same to get final product at zero price and sending the final product to the customer with zero value only qty will be out.

Thanks & Regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijaypradhan,

Here, i have to receive goods from customer after few days only he will give the design and by that time i have to use batches (For eg: Customer have given me 5000 mtrs for cloth, he will give the design only for 2000 mtrs and he will tell 4 batches(colors) )

Here when receiving the goods from customer(Vendor) i will do Inbound delivery, with this reference i will do GR for 4 batches like 500 qty one batch i will save the doc and then 2nd batch 500 qty and i will save the doc like that i will do for 2000 mtrs 4 different batch

what i told above is correct or that we can try differently in SAP???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing GR please check the material has got zero price so that when you will make GR of those 4 batches then no accounting entries will be generated.

Thanks & regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in Material master i have extended Accounting view but i have not given the material price....

Here can i see the list of Reports Generated for the particular PO:

What is the Transaction code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, in Material master i have extended Accounting view but i have not given the material price....

>

> Here can i see the list of Reports Generated for the particular PO:

>

> What is the Transaction code

Hi,

The price control should be "S" with price=0.Make normal PO.

Report--ME2L,ME2N...

Thanks & Regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ways we are not going to give price

So it makes any difference between V and S price control??

After doing the Goods Receipt (with different Batches)

now if i want to know how many batches have been created against the PO how to see the batches

in ME2n only we get the list of open PO's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ways we are not going to give price

>

> So it makes any difference between V and S price control??

>

> After doing the Goods Receipt (with different Batches)

>

> now if i want to know how many batches have been created against the PO how to see the batches

>

> in ME2n only we get the list of open PO's

Hi,

If you make price control"S" then no matter who ever wrongly put price on po and made GR then there will no effect as it has got standard price control.So its recommended to maintain the price control"S",if you don;t want to valuate that material.

You can see the batches in MB51 report for that particular GR.

Thanks & regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did inbound delivery and i tried doing Rough GR, VL41

No deliveries created (check log)

Message no. VL141

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simply make a PO and then make GR against that PO through MIGO.Only qty will be updated here.no accounting entries will be generated.

Thanks & Regards,

Bijay Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi here i am giving the process pls guide me

Here, i am receiving the goods from the customer for jobwork, while receiving the material (cloth) itself i wont receive the design what i have to print on the material.(For eg customer will send me some 5000 mtrs, he wont mention the design for that. but we have to give a lot number for the whole 5000 mtrs, then after 1 week he will give design for 2000 mtrs. and also he will tell 2000 mtrs 4 colors i have to divide that 2000 mtrs into 4 different batches and i have to bring it in to stock. and also i have to see the report that customer issued 5000 mtrs and for 2000 mtrs he had given program remaining 3000 mtrs he has to give program(Design)).

what i did is i created new doc type in PO (customer Cloth Receipt)

I made number range for that doc type as what they are currently maintaining now (so that number will be lot number, it will be the identification for that customer to track the material what he have supplied)

i created the new output type so that i can give the printout as an acknowledgement to customer

i created the customer as vendor

i did inbound delivery for that material what i have received (5000 mtrs) from customer(Vendor)

when i receive the program(design) for 2000 mtrs 4 different batches

i did GR against the inbound delivery so that while doing GR i can create 4 different batches and i can bring that 2000 mtrs into stock.

Pls guide me some steps where i can make this process simple...... or what i have made is correct or not?

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not to define the customer's material as a non-valuated material type in the plant. In std it is mtrl type UNBW, but you can mark any mtrl type that you like as non-valuated (qty mgmt yes, value mgmt no) in the plant.

Then there will be no danger that this mtrl will get any stock value. And at the same time it will behave as any other valuated material from the logistics perspective, i.e. will be managed in stock, with batches, consumed to prod. orders, etc.

BR

Raf