cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Credit Memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have a problem, standard process of vendor rejection is return delivery (122 or 161) then credit memo. But our company wants to post credit memo first (automatically) as soon as QA person reject the mateiral thru Usage decision, finance entry vendor dr, gr/ir account cr, and when we post 122/161 system will create inventory account cr and gr/ir account dr.

How can I achive this.

Please suggest.

Ishu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ishu,

This is not standard SAP. Standard SAP is that invoices and credit memos come from the vendor (unless you have a self-billing agreement with the vendor, in which case the invoices/credit memos are based on the GR's and returns).

If you want this kind of automation, you need to program. I don't know if you want the usage decision or the quality notification to trigger the credit memo, but both can be configured to have follow-on functions that e.g. call BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_CREATE or create the IDoc INVOIC and call the ALE service to process it.

If I remember right, there's an enhanced returns processing in BS7 where you can generate credit memo before the retun movement, but I don't think it is triggered by a QM transaction. I think it is some kind of new transaction for handling of returns in BS7.

BR

Raf

Answers (0)