Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to Start and pass values in ABAP workflow from java WD

Hi,

I have the following requirement in portal which I have to implement using java webdynpro:

I have created 1 java webdynpro employee form, which has employee details like Name, Date of birth, date of joining etc etc.

and there is a submit button, once user fills the form and click on submit button, I have to trigger/start ABAP

workflow (My HR ABAP consultant has created 1 customized workflow for this) and also pass the values of the

employee forms to the workflow so that workflow will have all the details/values which user has entered.

I want to know how to trigger/start the workflow and how to pass java WD form values to workflow, remember this webdynpro application i am not accessing through UWL, I will create separate role in portal and assign this java WD iview to that portal role and this role will be assigned to the end users.

Once employee submits the form than his approver will access his form in read only form through portal UWL, So i want to know how to configure this, how to read form values in approver screen, I guess work item ID i can access in approver case as approver WD java screen is accessed through UWL.

And till the time employee form is pending with his approver, I do not want to show submit button again to employee and only when approver either rejects or approve the employee form, than I have to show submit button to the employee when he open again his employee form in his portal. So how I will find what is the status of his request ? How I can achieve this ?

Please help me in getting all this issue resolved.

Edited by: User Satyam on May 14, 2011 6:23 AM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question